• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawthorn twigs

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
Can bunnies have these too? So far I have only given them the leaves. I am just about to go out and cut lots as the council is coming shortly to lower the height (about 15ft at moment :shock: ) so want to make sure I have plenty of supplies.

Also, how do I go about "drying" them. Do I just leave them to dry out in the shed or do I have to do something. Not very good at this :oops:

Yes they can have the twigs/branches too. :wave:

I always dry them out because I also give them to my chinchillas (they can't have fresh). I dry them very slowly in the oven on a very low heat.

yeah ours love hawthorn, we're lucky we have masses of it growing along a boundary fence.
Ours will only eat it in spring, the fresh new growth, once it gets to summer they turns their noses up! :roll: :lol:

Yayyyy glad they are finally coming. My lot are happy with twigs just cut from the hedge.

I know homey didnt like redigrass but I have some graze on now whic is more grass like do you want some next weekend?

Mine just dries in a cardboard box in the garage. I give the contents a shake every so often but that's about it :lol:

last year i only fed leaves then over winter i gave twigs so this time im giving whole branches... it really is Alvin's favourite food :D

Mine just dries in a cardboard box in the garage. I give the contents a shake every so often but that's about it :lol:

:wave: That's my sort of drying :lol: I have a big bag now, I think I will get some cardboard boxes and put them in the loft then ready for the winter and cut some more tomorrow then. :D

Yayyyy glad they are finally coming. My lot are happy with twigs just cut from the hedge.

I know homey didnt like redigrass but I have some graze on now whic is more grass like do you want some next weekend?

Yes, a nice new man came and is taking down the sycamore trees that are far to close to the house too. Apparently the report from the last man stated they were further away than they actually are.

Now I don't want them to cut the hawthorn :lol: Now I give it to them they love it, especially Homer, he can't get enough.

Apparently Elderberry is growing in there too, is that bunny edible (they have not had any by the way)

Yes please to a sample of your new stuff,:p

:wave: That's my sort of drying :lol: I have a big bag now, I think I will get some cardboard boxes and put them in the loft then ready for the winter and cut some more tomorrow then. :D

TBH, I do the same with Bramble, it seems to just take care of itself :wave:

TBH, I do the same with Bramble, it seems to just take care of itself :wave:

I have bought soem brambles but they are still twigs.:lol: Hopefully they will grow. They are thornless ones too (blackberry). Quite excited now.

Kath - do you want any hawthorn??? I can bring it next week.

I have bought soem brambles but they are still twigs.:lol: Hopefully they will grow. They are thornless ones too (blackberry). Quite excited now.

Kath - do you want any hawthorn??? I can bring it next week.

Well really you should plant it where you don't want it - that's where bramble usually grows well :lol: The stuff at the stables has been rolled over by a tractor 30+ times whilst a new hedge was planted and now it's thriving :shock: :lol:

Back