• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola is very poorly :( U/D Post 115 Found the cause.

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
I haven't posted any of this. She's now been to the vets three times in one week. The first visit was last Friday; Lola was diagnosed with URTI; however she didn't have any nasal discharge but was getting vocal when nomming hay.
The second visit was Tuesday as the noises had got slightly worse, but again no nasal discharge, she was then prescribed engemycin , metacam twice a day and the nebulising twice a day as before.

I have now just got back from the vets as Lola has been exceptionally bad today, she is like a little steam train, but still no discharge. We are now dropping her off at 8am tomorrow morning to go under GA to have chest x-rays, a nasal endoscopy and c+s testing. We will then be changing her antibiotics to marbocyl.

Please can we have some vibes, my little chicky is very poorly, she's eating, pooing, weeing and running around as normal but her breathing is horrendous and it pains me to see her struggling.
I also dread when she has to go under GA.

Please we need the power of RU Vibes, if you could spare some.

:( xxx

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I have a query; may be a silly query, but can mice carry pastuerella? We had a little and I mean little mouse in our flat yesterday; I caught him in a sandwich box, named him Derek then travelled to the park and released him. He was a baby mousey. I've blocked the hole behind the radiator and a plumber and builder are coming tomorrow to block it properly. I live in an out victorian house converted into flat; so mice are common problems to to the infrastructure of the building.

O/H thinks Derek turning up could be linked with Lola's respiratory issues. I'm not too sure. I know it may not be pastuerella, but it is a possibility.

Thank you everybun for the vibes, Lola is currently eating hay but again sounding like a little steam train chugging about. Bless her! xx

Don't know anything about mice and pasturella, but I'm sure someone who knows will come along soon.

Meanwhile....massive vibes for Lady Lola. Hope she's better soon.

xxx

Sending lots of vibes for Lola xxx
Re: Derek, he'll probably be back; mice always do, unless you move them at least five miles away.

I don't know if mice carry pastuerella. I hope they don't.

Back