• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby food quantity for rabbits?

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
We failed at making our own last night so bought some earlier ^^ And some Rich Tea biscuits (which me and James seem to be eating :roll: lol) I also got some muesli rabbit food to see if she'll have a munch but it's just been a sniff so far, she hasn't had muesli for years :? She was picky but at the moment I don't mind if she's picky as long as she eats for herself lol :)

She did have a good munch on a carrot last night :)

We got a carrot, apple and parsnip one and the more liquidy apple and banana one :)
How much shall I give her? And should I still give her the liquid food from the vets? (It's more her pellet food crushed into a powder and mixed with water. She seems to like it more. But she's still a :censored: to feed lol... She's still in a mood from the last feed!)

I wouldnt give her rich tea biscuits at all :wave:

Just give her a tbsp in a bowl/on a plate to start with and see how she takes it. I would carry on with the syringe feeding too :wave:

I wouldnt give her rich tea biscuits at all :wave:

Just give her a tbsp in a bowl/on a plate to start with and see how she takes it. I would carry on with the syringe feeding too :wave:

She couldn't have them anyway now lol, James got carried away and there are 2 left :roll: :) I read on another thread that they help to put on weight but make them fat, which is what she needs right now :)

Thank you :) I was confused as what to give her :shock: Just about to get it ready ^^ Just need to catch her now.. She's seen the syringes so is hiding lol :roll:

Going to ask questions now.

Assume i've seen no otehr threads, as i havent.

Why are you syringe feeding her recovery food?

Why are you going to feed her baby food/rich tea biscuits (!)?

Why do you think she needs to be made 'fat' as you put it?

Answers on a postcard.

Answers on a postcard.

This

Answers on a postcard.

She has bad teeth and a lumpy jaw that isn't really getting better even though she's had about 4 weeks antibiotics. And because of her drastic weight loss over the past 3 weeks the vet gave us recovery satchels to help her out on weight but she really hates it so we mushed her food up to put in a syringe.

On another thread I asked for food ideas because she can't eat for herself. And someone said baby food so we're trying that. I saw a while ago about rich tea biscuits but they've all gone now so she can't have any anyway.

She doesn't need to be fat but you can feel the spine and back leg bones. Not as much as before because we have been feeding her bigger quantities. She needs to fatten up otherwise she'll die sooner. She has a week or so left before she's being put down because her jaw isn't getting any better and the vet said the only thing we can do now is to get her weight back up and keep her happy.

She has bad teeth and a lumpy jaw that isn't really getting better even though she's had about 4 weeks antibiotics. And because of her drastic weight loss over the past 3 weeks the vet gave us recovery satchels to help her out on weight but she really hates it so we mushed her food up to put in a syringe.

On another thread I asked for food ideas because she can't eat for herself. And someone said baby food so we're trying that. I saw a while ago about rich tea biscuits but they've all gone now so she can't have any anyway.

She doesn't need to be fat but you can feel the spine and back leg bones. Not as much as before because we have been feeding her bigger quantities. She needs to fatten up otherwise she'll die sooner. She has a week or so left before she's being put down because her jaw isn't getting any better and the vet said the only thing we can do now is to get her weight back up and keep her happy.

Okay, sorry if my post sounded harsh - i was just trying to be direct :)

Horrible question, but is she absolutely definately 100% being put down in ~1 week?

If so, feed her anything she really really likes. Herbs, grasses, dandelions, small pieces of fruit.

I would treat her like a princess for the last week if its a definate.

If its not a definate, then what treatments have been given and has a 2nd opinion been seeken out from a truly rabbit savvy vet?

I will search out your other thread.

Okay, sorry if my post sounded harsh - i was just trying to be direct :)

Horrible question, but is she absolutely definately 100% being put down in ~1 week?

If so, feed her anything she really really likes. Herbs, grasses, dandelions, small pieces of fruit.

I would treat her like a princess for the last week if its a definate.

If its not a definate, then what treatments have been given and has a 2nd opinion been seeken out from a truly rabbit savvy vet?

I will search out your other thread.

I hope not but it's definitely more than likely :( Her jaw is really lumpy still so I don't think the antibiotics are doing anything. She has had 3 kinds, each stronger than the last but nothing :(
We've been giving her fresh carrot, cauliflower and broccoli because she really has a go on them and loves them :)
She is an outdoor rabbit and has been her whole 4 years of being with us but she's been indoors for the past week and is loving the attention lol.. Even though she can't eat everything for herself she still tries. With greens and things like grass and dandelion leaves she eats them but they just come back out of her mouth :? The vet never told us why :? She just seems to suck the life out of them lol..

Back