• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who is more affectionate - your male or female bunny/bunnies ?

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Following on from Shellypops thread about our bunnies, was wondering if male or female are more affectionate.

Since getting Cutie-pie spayed she stopped chin rubs.

Does spaying make a difference ?

I have had 3 female and 2 male bunnies and found the 2 males were more affectionate.

Last edited:
Out of each of my pairs the males are a bit more affectionate but Mini is more affectionate than Smudge if you see what I mean.

Depends on your definition of affection :)

Biscuit will lick me all over, and nose bonk me to ask for attention. He will NOT do cuddles.

Ginger doesnt like, but loves human attention and adores nose rubs, cheek rubs and being cuddled and will actively ASK for cuddles.

Male :wave: Olly has always loved being stroked and having his ears rubbed, and he's quite generous with his kisses :love: since being reunited with Honey though, he's not quite as affectionate as he was. Honey has always been a bit wary, and wouldn't let you stroke her for long, but these days she's settled a lot and now loves being stroked when she's flopped :love: she doesn't give many kisses so when she does it's lovely :love:

Depends on your definition of affection :)

Biscuit will lick me all over, and nose bonk me to ask for attention. He will NOT do cuddles.

Ginger doesnt like, but loves human attention and adores nose rubs, cheek rubs and being cuddled and will actively ASK for cuddles.

I suppose I mean what bunny seems to like contact or make the most contact with you.

Both my males would nose bonk. My females, very rarely. But I guess it is hard to tell as Sunshine has been here for 4.5 years and Cutie-pie only 3 months. He trusts me, she doesn't really.

Im lucky enough to have 2 friendly buns, one of each sex. :)

I hardly ever handle them but they will follow me around the garden & run up to me for a nose rub. :love:

Im very lucky, they are such confident buns. :D

I suppose I mean what bunny seems to like contact or make the most contact with you.

Both my males would nose bonk. My females, very rarely. But I guess it is hard to tell as Sunshine has been here for 4.5 years and Cutie-pie only 3 months. He trusts me, she doesn't really.

If you mean contact as in just being around you, then neither of them are any different. They both LOVE being around us, and i genuinely believe that. If they didnt, they wouldn't want to do happy flops on the sofa with us, or next to use or fall asleep on our backs when we're lying down watching the F1 :roll: - just when you need a wee, yuo realise theres a bunny laying on your back :shock: :roll: :lol:

Currently my 2 males are the most affectionate, especially my little angel Timmy who grooms and adores stroes. Having said that I have had Timmy since he was 8 weeks old. Also Mimi has a very sad past which probably explains why shes not so affectionate.

By far the most affectionate bun Ive ever had was my bridge girl Tilly :love:

If you mean contact as in just being around you, then neither of them are any different. They both LOVE being around us, and i genuinely believe that. If they didnt, they wouldn't want to do happy flops on the sofa with us, or next to use or fall asleep on our backs when we're lying down watching the F1 :roll: - just when you need a wee, yuo realise theres a bunny laying on your back :shock: :roll: :lol:

That is really lovely.

I have started to make progress with my 2. I get on the floor and lie down next to them. This is mainly for Cutie-pie so she doesn't run away. This way they don't mind how long I stroke them for. Sunshine will push my hand away if he is fed up.

jay by far out of all my guys is the soppy one.
eccles can be soppy depending..
:)
zuma is a cuddle bunny he is constantly snuggling me:love:

Dizzi (female) is the more affectionate of the two in that she loves nosey rubs, cheek rubs, ear tickles - you name it!

Whereas Rascal (male) is very giddy to see me (because he thinks I have food), the occasions where he actually sits still for nosey rubs are very few and far between ....... but when he's in the mood he'll sit there for hours!!

They'll both climb all over me when I'm on the floor of the aviary tho! :lol:

Back