• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rwaf Hutch is not enough and the runaround system

I thought it was good, but can you confirm if the run in the first batch of images used chicken wire, or mesh, it looks awfully like chicken wire from here, and that should be discouraged from use, due to the distinct posibility of foxes tearing through it :wave:

Apart from that, i think it looks pretty good. The layout could be improved however :wave:

Apart from that, i think it looks pretty good. The layout could be improved however

I think thats the main aim Gray, to help people improve their existing set up. If they showed a six foot hutch and run with weld mesh it would imply a clued up owner and maybe not reach out to Jo Public. I think that makes sense! :?:lol:

I thought it was good, but can you confirm if the run in the first batch of images used chicken wire, or mesh, it looks awfully like chicken wire from here, and that should be discouraged from use, due to the distinct posibility of foxes tearing through it :wave:

Apart from that, i think it looks pretty good. The layout could be improved however :wave:

Mmm as far as I can see it is wire mesh, not chicken wire, but I am not looking at a full size screen.

Think the first couple of setups are far from perfect but what a simple way to encourage people to do something slightly better for their bun

I think thats the main aim Gray, to help people improve their existing set up. If they showed a six foot hutch and run with weld mesh it would imply a clued up owner and maybe not reach out to Jo Public. I think that makes sense! :?:lol:

I meant the document layout :oops:

Is it that unclear? lol

sponsored by runaround? :lol:

I think the first steps of connecting the hutch to the run is an excellent point and something simple many owners can do. Though they don't necessarily have to use that method.

I'm not sure about the latter examples. IMO the interconnected tunnels do not make up for an exercise run (large rectangle or similar). They are great an extra enrichment but how could a rabbit do the big zigzagging twisting binkings, chase a treat ball, etc.

The last pic with the 'bit of shaded lawn' is crying out for a lovely run over the top of it would would give several times the space of the tunnels, be much more flexible and cost less.

looks like weld mesh to me :) Although I think it's best to mention not to use chicken wire anyway as lots of people see it as a cheap alternative and don't realise rabbits can easily chew through and escape.

looking pretty good, I think the run around stuff is fab and something that could really make the difference for a lot of people who don't have enough space for a hutch/run combo. Hopefully this will inspire some people!

Just ordered a tube and connecters, not for the buns but for the piggy shed, that way they have a choice go out in the run on the grass or stay indoors, can't wait to see how long they choose to spend outdoors. Ordered the double door one so I can lock it from the inside if the weathers bad and at night.

I called the lady and she was very helpful and is going to send it out tomorrow :). If it works well everyone might get one!

Back