• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aggressive chasing and fur pulling

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
My female wildie Spudsey is chasing my poor domestic bun BB nearly every morning and every evening...its aggresive chasing with grunts and fur pulling. She is so fast poor BB doesn't stand a chance of getting away from her and she wears the poor thing out. He goes up to the hutch and really stamps his feet yet she still continues!

They have been together for a year now, not quite so 'together' as Spudsey was with her last partner but she wasn't the dominant one then but is now. Feel awful for BB putting him through this :(

I have been trying to occupy her with lots of different ideas from here and hope to improve her accomodation later this year with some tunnels etc leading off from the run.

The noise is so loud when they are running up and down the hutch!

I assume your wildie is spayed?

Someone else had some similar problems, i think on here, that once Wildie had reached ~1yr of age, the bond just broke down and had to be seperated?

I know thats probably not what you wanted to hear, but i would assume the hierachial feelings would be much stronger in a wildie, than in a domestic bun?

I assume your wildie is spayed?

Someone else had some similar problems, i think on here, that once Wildie had reached ~1yr of age, the bond just broke down and had to be seperated?

I know thats probably not what you wanted to hear, but i would assume the hierachial feelings would be much stronger in a wildie, than in a domestic bun?

Hi :wave:
She is now four. I'm clinging on to the hope that if I improve things for her she might leave him alone! She is nice to him sometimes, she grooms him though she does seem a bit rough sometimes rather than gentle and they nose rub :love:

Back