• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First vet trip tomorrow - what should I be asking? U/D went really well!

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
The buns are 13 and a half weeks old sisters.

So they're off for their free new pet health check :) (had to wait ages for the vet I wanted because she was on holiday).

Any particular questions I should be asking?

I will be mentioning that they sneeze occasionally - I mean I saw Bailey sneeze about 3 times in all the 5 weeks we've had her and Binky once. But not sure if I should be concerned as they seem perfectly happy and are eating pooing very well.

Just don't want to miss anything out - especially when it's free!

Last edited:
The buns are 13 and a half weeks old sisters.

So they're off for their free new pet health check :) (had to wait ages for the vet I wanted because she was on holiday).

Any particular questions I should be asking?

I will be mentioning that they sneeze occasionally - I mean I saw Bailey sneeze about 3 times in all the 5 weeks we've had her and Binky once. But not sure if I should be concerned as they seem perfectly happy and are eating pooing very well.

Just don't want to miss anything out - especially when it's free!

Ask about mxy and vhd vaccinations.
Do they advise panacur for bunnies?
Check their teeth, eyes , ears and heartbeat.
Do they have a vet who is really bunny savvy?
If needing any overnight stays, hopefully not at this stage, do they have someone there 24 hours per day.
Is there an out of hours contact number?
What is their opinion on neutering bunnies?

Just a few questions which have sprung to mind.

There are more but, I have to go out now.

Best of luck.

Thanks.

They were fine, OH forgot to put paper down in their carrier though so it looked like we kept them in squaler by the time we got there because they were covered in wee! argh! Embarrasing, but we'll know next time!

They were weighed, Binks is .9kg and Bails is 1.1kg so not too bad - I knew Bailey was a bit heavier like.

She said they're in good health and game them their myxi jab - booked in for 2 weeks for the VHD and worming paste after that.

I'm worried because she said when we spay them, if they're done together we need to seperate them for a few days. Keep them near each other where they can see/smell each other etc. But what if the hate each other afterwards? :( She said it can happen.

i dont have experience of the spaying thing but i would think that if you only separate them by a cage/wire or something it will be ok. its only so they dont pick at each others stiches. does anyone else have any advice on this? am hijacking as i need to know what to do when i get bella spayed, although her male partner is already plumless :D

i dont have experience of the spaying thing but i would think that if you only separate them by a cage/wire or something it will be ok. its only so they dont pick at each others stiches. does anyone else have any advice on this? am hijacking as i need to know what to do when i get bella spayed, although her male partner is already plumless :D

From what I understand - I'll verify with her when I got back in a few weeks, but it sounded like it was only an issue if they were both being spayed at the same time. I may have misunderstood though

Back