• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Wanted _ Good Home Offered

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
A lady has contacted me this evening wanting to offer a home to a medium/large female neutered bun aged 2 upwards approx. to be a companion to her male who recently lost his brother. He is not neutered and she is concerned that she will be turned down because of this. I know there are LOTS of buns needing homes and this shouldn't be the number 1 reason to say no. I understand her facilities for the buns are good though a homecheck will need to be done. Can we help her and give a loving home to an 'older' bun?? She lives in Moreton on the Wirral

Last edited:
Would she consider getting her boy bun neutered? Has this been discussed? I think some rescues may consider letting her have a speyed female but have the benenfits of neutering been explained? The chances of a successful bond will also be greater if her bun is "done"! :wave:

Please feel free to give her the Honeybunnies rescue no. in my signature as I know that Jill will happily discuss this with the lady. We re-home nationally :wave:

Last edited:
I think she will consider it of course, she also said that with the trauma of bun losing his brother it wouldn't be fair to do this rightaway -

I would not home a bun to live with an un neutered male
The chances are extremely high that he would constantly hump..causing injury to himself ( inflamed/infected penis)

and drive the female crazy which would lead to fighting

At 2 years old he is not an older bun and is fine to be neutered aslong as vet checked first to elimate any possible obvious health issues

The chances are extremely high that he would constantly hump..causing injury to himself ( inflamed/infected penis)

At 2 years old he is not an older bun and is fine to be neutered aslong as vet checked first to elimate any possible obvious health issues

That's kinda what I thought you'd say! :lol:

Hope the lady will consider having her bun neutered asap then! :wave:

:wave:I will have a chat with her this evening - must go to work :cry: though I'd much rather stay and chat and do 'bun' things :lol:

This my mum had her boy neutered at 6 and he now happily lives with a girly bun. RSPCA wirral have lots of buns in at the mo but again would need the boy to be neutered and vaccs too

Back