• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This won't be fun....

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I have to get 5 ml of septrin into Skye each day (in two doses) :shock::shock: If she likes it, my only problem will be trying to keep Apache out of the way so he doesn't rob it.

If she doesn't, I'm going to get scratched to ribbons.

Off to try it now, wish me luck!

(Although I am really pleased that my vets are now willing to use off-licence meds where the situation warrants it - I had awful problems with this a couple of years ago :( )

Good luck metacam is easier as they love that. Luckily Frankie wasn't too difficult. I'd been administering it for a year so he got used to it.

Buckley liked it for the first week he had it. It tastes like bananananananananas :) Didn't even have to pick him up, just offered it to him and he took it.

Then he got wise and we had to mix it with his noms.

I took the coward's way out and put it on some pellets :oops: She wouldn't take it off the syringe, I tasted a bit myself and it's not as nice as it smells - it's got a bitter aftertaste.

Don't want to do it on pellets every day as it took more that she normally gets, just to soak it all up. I'll try syringeing it tomorrow :oops:

Although she did look really gleeful when she was eating it - she was like "Hooray, delicious sauce!"

glad you managed to get it into her:)

not sure she was chuffed at the delicious sauce though - more like 'ooohhhh, extra pellets':lol:

Back