• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Designing my rabbit hutch

This big:

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Erm, really, probably as big as you can possibly fit in/get materials for without it falling down...

I think generally its 6ft long, 2ft high/deep for each level. But you can always go by minimum guide of 3 bunny hops/spread out on full level. Though bigger is better :) Depends how big your bunnies are I guess too.

If its going to be that big why not make it a shed then you can go and sit with them and be able to stand in it to clean them out etc

If its going to be that big why not make it a shed then you can go and sit with them and be able to stand in it to clean them out etc

We are making it out of pallets, so it isnt costing me any money. I dont have the money to buy a shed :(

We are making it out of pallets, so it isnt costing me any money. I dont have the money to buy a shed :(

Oh hun sorry I didnt mean to make you :( What I meant was can you make it high enough that you can sit in it? I often go and just sit with my lot

Oh hun sorry I didnt mean to make you :( What I meant was can you make it high enough that you can sit in it? I often go and just sit with my lot

To be honest, I will still be bringing them inside for a run about and cuddles. As my house is rented, I dont want to make anything too tall as we have low fences it would draw attention

To be honest, I will still be bringing them inside for a run about and cuddles. As my house is rented, I dont want to make anything too tall as we have low fences it would draw attention

Oh I feel for you on that one. Mine are house bunnies, unless the landlord comes around. I really want to make them a C&C cage, but I'm worried about the hassle of moving it to the shed when he comes round.

Sounds great, but just thought I'd mention, if it's 6x4 would you be able to reach 4ft in to the back to clean it out? Maybe you could make it longer like 8 ft and by 2 or 3 ft? Just a thought.:)

Sounds great, but just thought I'd mention, if it's 6x4 would you be able to reach 4ft in to the back to clean it out? Maybe you could make it longer like 8 ft and by 2 or 3 ft? Just a thought.:)

Long thin hutched dont give enough space to run about

Back