• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD .. cylap lapinject anivac

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I asked the vet receptionist which one is jack due for ..
She had no clue ..

I felt embarassed had to repeat my self over the phone 5 times.

She said she's gone to ask the rabbit lady

I hope its not cylap ..

Thanks, the receptionist said she'll find out and call me back, but if it is Cylap can I tell them to order Anivac in two weeks time, Do you think they'd mind?

Of course you can! They're your bunnies and it's perfectly reasonalble not to want to put them through that. If you get to speak to the vet themselves explain why you want Anivac, and hopefully they'll order some in rather than lose the custom.

Of course you can! They're your bunnies and it's perfectly reasonalble not to want to put them through that. If you get to speak to the vet themselves explain why you want Anivac, and hopefully they'll order some in rather than lose the custom.

Thank you,
Jack got his Myxi vacc today

I'm going to book an appointment for Lucky's myxi vac on Friday

Then when I take Lucky to the vet I'll tell the vet lady about vaccinating Jack and Lucky with Anivac not Cylap :)

A lot of us request the vaccine we want and most vets have no problem with ordering in the one we want! Mine hadnt heard if Anivac till I requested it! In a way by requesting different drugs and explaining why it can only benefit other rabbits as the vets knowledge increases :D

A lot of us request the vaccine we want and most vets have no problem with ordering in the one we want! Mine hadnt heard if Anivac till I requested it! In a way by requesting different drugs and explaining why it can only benefit other rabbits as the vets knowledge increases :D

One problem might be that some vaccines come in larger doses (5 doses) and can only be ordered in that quantity.

It's best to give your vet plenty of notice if you want to request a different vaccine, and be prepared that he/she might argue that they won't order a dose of 5 vaccines in for just one owner.

Thats odd, thay had an anivac vhd leaflet in the waiting room when i had my girls spayed!! :lol: my local vets have been a nightmare, thay dont do vhd vacs very often as no one ask's for it :roll: and thay said thay 'never see any cases of vhd' when i went to get mowgli done thay came out with cylap :shock: i said no thank you i'll wait till you order the one i want, thay had never heard of anivac :roll: said thay would order lampinject in but it only comes in 'large amounts' and i would have to cover the cost of the hole batch! over £100!! it is enough to do five rabbits which i have but once it was opend it would need to be used straight away!!! what a load of hassle!!! think i'll just go back to highwoods. do thay use anivac there??

One problem might be that some vaccines come in larger doses (5 doses) and can only be ordered in that quantity.

It's best to give your vet plenty of notice if you want to request a different vaccine, and be prepared that he/she might argue that they won't order a dose of 5 vaccines in for just one owner.

Glad you've come across this to!!! its really hard to get 5 rabbits to the vet at once :lol:

Back