• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thoroughly Cleaning ...

abi2047

Mama Doe
How can I thoroughly clean a rabbit cage that's previously been used? I've just picked one up second hand and the woman obviously didn't clean it that well as is still has stuff stuck to the bottom. :roll:

Is bleach ok?

Bleach solution, then lots and lots of white vinegar. Make sure the bleach is thoroughly rinsed after though.

Ensure there are NO traces of previous bunny(s), as could be diseases, parasites etc which the baby would be susceptible to.

Bleach solution, then lots and lots of white vinegar. Make sure the bleach is thoroughly rinsed after though.

Ensure there are NO traces of previous bunny(s), as could be diseases, parasites etc which the baby would be susceptible to.

This is why I want to ensure it's extra clean. Thanks :wave:

When I had a wooden one several years ago, I used boiling water and a bottle of cif and scrubbed it with a stiff brush. Thoroughly rinsed and it looked as good as new.

Back