• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Next Thursday!!! U/D link to piccys added!

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
We will be taking Max on a holiday to meet and (fingers crossed) bond with his betrothed :D:D:D

Her name is Charlotte, shes around a year old so very similar to Max and has a wildie look about her. Shes apparantly a little shy but she has only been in the rescue for a few weeks, in which shes been jabbed, spayed etc so Im not surprised shes abit unsettled!

Im a mixture of excited and apprehensive. To be honest i didnt really want another bunny, but now that it has become apparant that Max isnt going to bond with my other 2, I feel he needs a companion. Im worried she wont be litter trained, Im worried she wont like living in the living areas with us. And of course theres always the chance they wont bond atall, as Max isnt so good with bunny body language :roll::lol:

Sooooo watch this space, and please keep those fingers and paws crossed for us, Max and Charlotte!

Here she is, the potential new member of my family :love::love::love:
charlotte2.gif

IMG_0900.jpg

Last edited:
Best of luck! Hope it all goes to plan and max and Charlotte get on!

Thankyou :wave:
Off to get ready now. Got a huge box of fresh veggies to take for the other bunnies, a fat wad of cash as a donation and to cover Charlottes spay, and a lunch box for Max. Cant imagine him not being here, gonna miss him soooooo much :(
But I know he will be so much happier if this bond works, I'll never have to leave him on his own again :love:
Im looking forwards to spending the day at the rescue and talking rabbit with the owner :D:D:D

Thankyou :wave:
Off to get ready now. Got a huge box of fresh veggies to take for the other bunnies, a fat wad of cash as a donation and to cover Charlottes spay, and a lunch box for Max. Cant imagine him not being here, gonna miss him soooooo much :(
But I know he will be so much happier if this bond works, I'll never have to leave him on his own again :love:
Im looking forwards to spending the day at the rescue and talking rabbit with the owner :D:D:D

It was the same when we left Zoidberg at the rescue to bond with Mary, the house and garden seemed empty with him not being there. But like you we feel so happy that we will never have to leave him on his own again!

Nice sig by the way! May need editing soon tho ;-)

:D:D how exciting!!!

i hope that everything goes smoothly and that gorgeous max finds his special girl in charlotte:love:

We're back and with fairly promising news :D
There was no major aggression between Max and Charlotte atall :D He boxed her away a few times and pulled a tuft of her fur out on one occasion, but other than that they were good. Charlotte is luckily submissive to him and not interested in fighting back atall, exactly the kind of girl my little wally needs :love:
She is soooooo sweet by the way. She is much smaller than she looks on her pictures, probably only around 1.3kilos, and perfectly formed. Shes very curious and cheeky, if the bond works she and Max are going to get up to all kinds of mischief together :love: She has a few issues which we need to sort out, shes not litter trained ATALL, despite the best efforts of the rescue owner, and will only eat the horrible seedy mix food she was on in her previous home. Im sure its all things we can work through with time and patience! I am so looking forwards to getting to know her :love::love::love:
So all in all Ive had a fab day. We hung around at the rescue for most of the day, fawning over the buns and chatting rabbit with the lovely owner. It was a beautiful sunny hot day and me and OH wondered into Montreaux for lunch and an icecream, it was like being on holiday!! :D
So the plan is to go and pick them up on Sunday, all being well of course. In the meantime Ive got some serious de-scenting and cleaning to do :roll:
Its so strange without Max here, I miss his funny face already and cant wait to have him home HOPEFULLY with Charlotte aswell :love:

Great news. :wave: Hopefully the litter training and eating will sort itself out.

Cutie-pie wasn't trained but after a few weeks she learnt to copy Sunshine. Charlotte will hopefully follow Max in eating and the litter tray.

She sounds adorable. :love:

:D sounds promising:love:

eta not jealous at all that you've been to montreaux. or that you live in chamonix...

in fact gemma, i may very well start to dislike you:evil:
:lol: loves ya really:love:

Last edited:
Great news. :wave: Hopefully the litter training and eating will sort itself out.

Cutie-pie wasn't trained but after a few weeks she learnt to copy Sunshine. Charlotte will hopefully follow Max in eating and the litter tray.

She sounds adorable. :love:

Thankyou hun :wave:
Yes Max is perfectly litter trained, never even a stray poo outside of his litter tray, so I am hoping she copies him.
The food she has is disgusting, Ive asked the rescue to start mixing some of my pellets in with her food over the next few days. Hopefully we can wean her off it eventually. Apparantly she also doesnt eat any veg :shock: Again Im hoping that she will copy greedy guts Max in that regard :lol:

Called for an update today, i promised myself I wouldnt be neurotic and that they know what theyre doing but just couldnt help myself :oops:
She says its going ok, theres been no fighting as such but Max is a little ****** whenever theres food involved (I warned her he would be :roll:) No grooming yet but they have been flopping next to eachother :love: So Im not holding my breath but Im feeling hopeful :D
Problem is I miss my boy sooooo much, its so quiet without him :( Cant wait to have him back home where he belongs.....
113_0168.jpg

Back