• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit toilet habits gone mad!

rolo

Alpha Buck
Hi all

Major problem!!!!

Rolo (house-bun) has suddenly lost all notion of being litter trained. He poos and wees EVERYWHERE!!!!! Except in his flipping litter box!!!

He has started going on the kids beds (hes free-range) Under the beds, in the bathroom, on the sofa, if there is anything on the floor such as a cushion..he'll go on that.

I had to have him to the vets with his tummy the other day. Id decided he must stay in his cage and run and we would go right back to basics with the litter-training, but...Rolo had other ideas and REFUSED to go to the loo for 2 days!!! So had to take him to vets as he was consipated from not pooing! Got some meds to kick start him, brought him home, turned my back for a second and he'd hopped on the sofa and left the biggest pile of poo I've ever seen!

Put him back in his cage and since then, nothing. I've let him out but kept a very close eye on him and he makes a bee-line for the sofa.

HELP!!!! Hubby says he will have to live outside if this carries on. And I must say its getting me down. If I do let him loose, he's happy to poo and wee everywhere and I spend all day cleaning it up.....if I do make him stay confined he makes himself ill by not going.

Rach x

Yes he is. We adopted him from BARC last October and he was neutered a month or so before we got him.

He's about a year old. He was ok with the litter box, he had a few accidents, but only ever in the bathroom. Prob cos he can smell human wee in there. But this is getting out of hand now.

Rach x

It must be something in the air.:roll::roll:

My two also seem to be rather hap hazard with their toilet habits.:shock:

Most unlike them.

I hope things improve for you.

Yes he is. We adopted him from BARC last October and he was neutered a month or so before we got him.

He's about a year old. He was ok with the litter box, he had a few accidents, but only ever in the bathroom. Prob cos he can smell human wee in there. But this is getting out of hand now.

Rach x

Could be spring, or it could be something else. Somebuns lose litter training if unwell, so if you have any reason for thinking thats a possibility, i would recommend a quick vet trip for a checkup.

However, somebuns just arent very good with litter trays :/

He has been to vets. Vets was really happy with him. He was physically fine. Although, utterly stubborn!

He eats hay like mad, tucks into his noms and runs around like a mad bun. Loves cuddles and seems really content. But........the litter thing is becoming a real sticking point between me and bun. A proper power struggle!!!

Who'd have thought I'd lock horns with a bunny!!

Rach x

Have you or anyone else in the house been near other rabbits or other animals recently?

My Nutmeg on the whole is good with her litter training but is she smells other animals she will wee to mark her territory.

We do have a dog, but Rolo is happy about him being around, infact they play together when out in the garden.

We also have a pet rat who has some free-range time during the day. But only when Rolo is in another part of the house.

Stumped on this one!!!

Rach x

Back