• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This never happens!

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
This is Sandy and Roger. Roger (the black self) is my former wildie, and normally whenever I appear and open the lid, he disappears. Not today! He stayed sitting with Sandy.

I'm hearing them chase more and more at the mo, but see them sitting together more and more too and both seem very happy with life at the mo.

Looksee!

20110511_25.jpg

Random, but Sandy has now gone over 6 months since her last dental, which is amazing given she started drooling 13 days after it and its the longest she has gone for a good 18 months. Even if she needs one tomorrow its still a massive step. :thumb:

Yup, which was why the RSPCa caught him, but he was, for all intents and purposes, wild. I reckon he has some domestic in him somewhere, maybe a grandparent or great grandparent (or maybe great grandparents released into the wild or something) because he has made progress from the bunny that arrived who ran in a blind panic, ricocheting of anything and everything.

He's so resilient too.

I hope all goes well tomorrow for Sandy, even if she does need a dental that is quite sometime without having one. :)

They both are gorgeous. :love::love::love::love:

Sorry, wasn't quite what I meant. She's not showing signs of needing a dental, I just say stuff like that to cover myself and not jinx myself.

He is a real stunner absoloutely beautiful!

hes safer in captivity im guessing with being black he wouldnt get seen if he ran across the road :(

*hands sandy and Roger a carrot*:love:

He's already lived longer than he would have lived in captivity, but its not the life he was supposed to have. He was supposed to be free. I love him to bits, but I feel sorry that he ended up in captivity.

On September 5th it will be 3 years.

He goes up and down. He's better with people when he has a friend or two. I worked really intensively when he first came. He was well established a free and couldn't deal with being contained but I didn't have a choice for his safety and the only other option, had I not taken him was to PTS him, so I had to give him a chance.

He was handfeeding within 4 days :D would approach me after a week.

He is very good, but is terrified of being handled, and any potential threat of being handled and he disappears. We are getting better though, with each other.

He's also a bit pudgy now which helps. :lol:

On September 5th it will be 3 years.

He goes up and down. He's better with people when he has a friend or two. I worked really intensively when he first came. He was well established a free and couldn't deal with being contained but I didn't have a choice for his safety and the only other option, had I not taken him was to PTS him, so I had to give him a chance.

He was handfeeding within 4 days :D would approach me after a week.

He is very good, but is terrified of being handled, and any potential threat of being handled and he disappears. We are getting better though, with each other.

He's also a bit pudgy now which helps. :lol:

Im glad he came to you, if he had stayed in the wild he would probably be dead by now :( You've given him a chance at life and a place to fit in when he didnt fit in anywhere else :love:
I guess he'll always be skittish and have the wildie trait, but I bet as the years pass he'll become more and more relaxed. And when hes old and fragile, snuggled in a warm safe hutch with his companion, he'll be glad he's not in the wild anymore :lol:

Im glad he came to you, if he had stayed in the wild he would probably be dead by now :( You've given him a chance at life and a place to fit in when he didnt fit in anywhere else :love:
I guess he'll always be skittish and have the wildie trait, but I bet as the years pass he'll become more and more relaxed. And when hes old and fragile, snuggled in a warm safe hutch with his companion, he'll be glad he's not in the wild anymore :lol:

Out of all my bunnies, he is the youngest and healthiest. I would hope that when he is old and fragile he will be living in my room. :love: He used to love coming inside and we used to get a lot of binkies. I can't do it now because his ladyfriend is a pain in the bum and they start to fight.

Back