• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

'man bits' infection :(

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I just noticed that Jack was licking his man area more than usual and was horrified to see that he has what appears to be dry blood stuck to the area and its all swollen and stuck together. He was neutered over a year ago so its not an infection from that :cry: He's acting himself apart from this.

Off to the vets this afternoon :cry: I feel so awful.

Is he a humpy boy?

Well done for noticing! Often these things go unnoticed so you did great to find it.

Good luck at the vets.

He is a little bit, but not so much since he was neutered. last time he humped was when I was re-bonding him with Gizmo. It looks awful :cry: The black bits look like poo stuck, but its not. I'm worried the vets are going to think I'm a bad owner.

He is a little bit, but not so much since he was neutered. last time he humped was when I was re-bonding him with Gizmo. It looks awful :cry: The black bits look like poo stuck, but its not. I'm worried the vets are going to think I'm a bad owner.

The fact that you're taking him to the vets makes you a better owner that the majority of rabbit owners!

Hope he's better soon.you're not a bad bunny owner at all,you're getting him seen by a vet quickly.:)

the dreid blood its not possibile its gland stuff thats got stuck on there and he is trying to get it off hence why its looking a bit swollen? if its indeed an injury or infection the vets is best place to get it treated. for soothing sore skin and suitable for bunnies adn thier bits, iv found calendula to be brillinat you buy it in tubes from the health shop x

Back