• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wood thickness for run

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I'm Making a run (4ft x 16ft) over the next few days (...*weeks*) so both Ed and River and Matilda can safely go outside together in the spring/summer and I know roughly the lengths of wood I need (getting more than I need so doesn't need to be exact) but was wondering the thickness of wood that people on here have used for their runs. :wave:

I think around about an inch would be okay! Am planning on making one soon and spare wood i've got is approx an inch!

Are you keeping Matilda now?!?!

all the ones weve had have been 1inch by 1inch but when we built our own e got thicker ones as all mine LOVE to destroy :lol:

I used square stuff for the upright corners and then joined them with rectangular horizontals.

I think around about an inch would be okay! Am planning on making one soon and spare wood i've got is approx an inch!

Are you keeping Matilda now?!?!

I am! :oops: She is too gorgeous...I've fallen in love with her!:oops:

Thank you all! I had no idea what thickness to get for it to be stable, but not to use too bulky wood.:oops: I've found a local timber yard, who will have a look at my EPIC plans and help me buy enough wood of the right size!:lol:

My dad has given me every tool he possibly could out of his workshop...and helped me with one issue with my plans. :D

I think 4.5cm squared is what i'm going for (or as close to that as I can!)

I promise to show you pictures! It'll mean a 4x16ft run for the outside buns, and also will block off the passageway for the indoor buns, so they can go out through the cat flap when they want, in the spring/summer! :D (you may not have understood a word of that....I'll show you what I meant when I've done it?,:lol::lol:)

Back