• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Orphans DAY 8 U/D :'(

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Fate works in funny ways...

Yesterday, I was really frantic and upset, trying to find my college certificates for an interview Monday to no avail, prompting me to stay until the morning, after giving the college/certificate providers a call.

This morning I get a worrying call about a female bunny who has passed away, and leaves behind three kits who are only almost a week old. :(

So they are now on their way and are coming back to Surrey with me!
Now I can see why I couldn't find my certificates :lol:

U/D found they are about 10 days old now,so a better chance of survival.

Last edited:
Thought I'd get more than one response!

Thank you missFloppyears, 2 feeds done, and seems to be going well. I am just glad they have the suck reflex from being with mum for 10 days. Makes it so much easier!

:eek: I really hope they're ok - how good that you were there still! Isn't that funny how it turns out sometimes!

Keep us updated? I'd love to know how they get on xxx

Thought I'd get more than one response!

Thank you missFloppyears, 2 feeds done, and seems to be going well. I am just glad they have the suck reflex from being with mum for 10 days. Makes it so much easier!

I'm going to look after Parsnipbun's wildie baby tomorrow.......he is the cutest thing ever! :love: he's smaller than my phone! :lol::love:

Seeing him is the one time I've "understood" why people breed. :oops: there would always be too much risk, for me, but as a complete "mother earth" I do love all babies! If anyone gets a pregnant foster in, send her my way!:oops::lol:;)

As my G Granny used to say, 'Whats for you won't go by you.' So often in life we have found this to be true! It's funny how things work out!

Hope the kits keep sucking hard and agree that you really can't tell is about ten day old kits without posting pics.:lol:

I didn't see this before (my 'new posts' function isn't working properly).

Sending lots of vibes for the babies. Let us know how they get on Kris x

Yes Graham :lol:

Lets just say the novelty wore off quick after the 3am and 6:30 am feeds :shock:

I have managed to push up their feeds to 2.5ml so every 4 hours (more sleep for me for me as well!)

I took pictures last night so will try upload them after this feed (due now- just woke up to do it :oops:)

There is a black, a blue otter fatty! and a chocolate looking one. The choc is the runt, and seems to have a slight crackle as it breathes :( But he/she is also the first to attempt a turbo feed :D So fingers crossed!

I think I will turn this thread into their diary..

Heres to Day 2! And Feed no. 7!

Lets just say the novelty wore off quick after the 3am and 6:30 am feeds :shock:

I have managed to push up their feeds to 2.5ml so every 4 hours (more sleep for me for me as well!)

I took pictures last night so will try upload them after this feed (due now- just woke up to do it :oops:)

There is a black, a blue otter fatty! and a chocolate looking one. The choc is the runt, and seems to have a slight crackle as it breathes :( But he/she is also the first to attempt a turbo feed :D So fingers crossed!

Oh my goodness, only just seen this ...... you must be exhausted! Sooo glad fate stepped in and you were able to help these little babies! Such a shame about Mum bun.

Looking forward to the piccies!

Yes, turn it into a diary :)

Flashless pictures required, when and IF possible.

Oh yes, I never use a flash. Especially with babies yet to open eyes.

Feed all done. 2.5ml each. And in 20 minutes! That is the quickest yet. They certainly are getting the hang of it :love:

Will go try and find camera lead. Forgot to take pics of black one this morning, but took some last night, so hopefully one of them is any good (they mainly looked blurry last night- think because of bad lighting)

I always think things happen for a reason. :) Poor mummy bun. :( I hope they do well, can't wait to see photos. :love:

Here they are :love:

Runty Chocolate
093-2.jpg

Fatty Blue Otter
098.jpg

And piggy Black
029-2.jpg

i have to many rabbits....

aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww i loves them i wants to steal them

Back