• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Weird jelly-like squishy lump..help.

Sara0099

Young Bun
My female rabbit has a squishy lump on the side of her body close to her neck. It kinda feels like jelly, as far as I'm aware it's not her dewlap. It's not directly around her neck, it's more on her side above her front paw. Darcey is going to be 3 in August, the past few days she's been sitting around more than usual, but when I let her & her sister out to play, they're both as happy as normal. She's eating, drinking & toileting as usual. I'm trying to convince myself she's just chubby! But the worry is really getting to me. I'm petrified it's an absess, tumour or cancer or something equally terrible. Vets open 830 am. I will take her in first thing, I just wondered if anyone had experience of this before? I'm freaking out. Thank you in advance x

Hiya,sorry it's not something I've come across but sure someone else on here will have. Good luck at the vets tomorrow,hopefully it'll just be a fluid filled cyst or something easily treatable!:)

How did you go????
Abscesses can track down.

Fingers crossed it's something simple and nothing to get white hairs over!!!! xxx

Small update! Taken her to Vets, had tests, they think it's just fat. She is now on a diet!! :) got to take her back in a fortnight for more tests & to see if it's improved or not. Thank you everyone for your kind messages. Will keep you posted x

Back