• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Isle of Thanet Rabbit Welfare week 23rd-29th May 2011

At Woodchurch Animal centre, Queensdown Road, Woodchurch, Birchington (Manston)

Offering free nailclipping, microchipping. neutering voucher, health check care and advice. plus free Goody bag

website

I haven't been here before, although I only live 10 mins drive away, and it's next door to where I ride. Although all my rabbits are neutered and vaccinates and healthy, is it worth getting them microchipped, considering they are in a safe neighbourhood so unlikely to be stolen, and my garden is secure, so unlikely to get lost? I'm also concerned about the risk of infection from other peoples unvaccinated rabbits, even though mine are vaccinated.

Any thoughts???

I'm a bit concerned that the local newspaper (isle of Thanet Gazette) is suggesting this is a children's event (and the fact that it coincides with half-term holiday week supports this).

Just a bump as it's their last day tomorrow. I went over today and they were very disappointed at the lack of visitors they had over the last week.

I had two of mine microchipped and nail clipped for free. They also do vouchers for neutering (which I didn't need) so it's a shame that they haven't had a good response.

Back