• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nail Clipping Day

I had to take the bunboys to the vets this time it done as I just couldn't do it :cry: It cost £12 each!

I'm trying to get the piggies done as well but I've got no confidence in doing them so seem to be doing one nail a day :roll:

My bun needs his done :( Will be the first time! The vet tried to do it for me a couple of months ago but she said they weren't very long, so she just took the tips off so they weren't so pointy as he likes walking on me!

I bought some scissors this weekend, so going to enlist my Mum to help one night this week...

Allie: I know what you mean, Im particularly unconfident doing my Timmys nails because they are dark brown so I cant see where the blood vessel ends atall. Also he has the teeniest ickle feetsies ever and Im petrified Im going to hurt him :oops:

Helen: Do you have some proper nail clippers for small animals? You cant really do it with standard scissors :wave:

I get the vets to do it for me. And make sure the buns get plenty of digging/running about paving slabs time to wear them down! Bob's are dark brown and I'm terrified of getting the quick, and he hates being picked up as it is!

Allie: I know what you mean, Im particularly unconfident doing my Timmys nails because they are dark brown so I cant see where the blood vessel ends atall. Also he has the teeniest ickle feetsies ever and Im petrified Im going to hurt him :oops:

It's Rico piggle I struggle with most as he has black nails so I can't see where I'm clipping to :( Skipper is not to bad but he is just so wriggly!

I still have a 5 inch scar on my arm from the last nail clipping day. :roll: Sometimes I let the vet do it, if we're there anyway, but usually I hold the bunnies and my bf clips the nails.

I get the vets to do it for me. And make sure the buns get plenty of digging/running about paving slabs time to wear them down! Bob's are dark brown and I'm terrified of getting the quick, and he hates being picked up as it is!

I think it would be more traumatic for me to have to get them into carriers and to the vets than it is just doing it myself! I wish I could get the vet to come round and do it sometimes though :lol:

It's Rico piggle I struggle with most as he has black nails so I can't see where I'm clipping to :( Skipper is not to bad but he is just so wriggly!

Oooh the wrigglers :evil: Max is a huge wriggler (as you can probably imagine :roll:) and Im always petrified Im gonna have one of his toes off :shock:

Bavarian Bunny: How did you get a 5 inch wound?? :shock:

Sometimes the nurses at vets can do it and they tend to be cheaper than the vet doing it.

Mine are all pretty good about me doing it as they've all got used to it from babies. I just use a towel for the awkward ones to get it over and done with asap and then reward them with a little treat so they don't associate me with nasty nail clipping.

Sometimes the nurses at vets can do it and they tend to be cheaper than the vet doing it.

Mine are all pretty good about me doing it as they've all got used to it from babies. I just use a towel for the awkward ones to get it over and done with asap and then reward them with a little treat so they don't associate me with nasty nail clipping.

Ah yes, a fenugreek crunchie always goes down very well afterwards ;)

Oooh the wrigglers :evil: Max is a huge wriggler (as you can probably imagine :roll:) and Im always petrified Im gonna have one of his toes off :shock:

Bavarian Bunny: How did you get a 5 inch wound?? :shock:

Snoopy decided that he had had enough and kicked out with his back legs. :)

Snoopy decided that he had had enough and kicked out with his back legs. :)

Who, Me? I didn't do nuffinks..

photo_16_4_460x345.jpg

;)

:lol: that's ok. We used to have guinea pigs who were a nightmare as they all had black nails! Bunny has white ones so at least I have that on my side!

Thats good, 2 of my buns have light ish coloured nails but like I say Timmys are really dark. I cut too far once and made him bleed :shock::cry:

Back