• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

diffrent breeds

blueberry

New Kit
Is there any breed of rabbit that is better for a first time owner been looking around and before i get one want to do all my reserch.

Nope not particularly! If you go to a local rescue centre they will let you look around and will often have potential rabbits that are more suited to first time owners.

I think it's more dependent on the individual rabbit :)

I would second the recommendation of going to a local rescue and meeting the rabbits they have there - many of them will be adults, or nearly adults, so will have a more distinguishable personality, which will help you to judge which one is right for you. Good luck :wave:

which area are you in as then we can recommend a good rescue?
They will tell you all about the rabbits they have and will match you up with some that suit you.
A decent rescue will not home until the buns have been neutered, this means you will know the rabbits personality and not have the probelm of hormonal behaviour or having to neuter them yourself
looking forward to hearing news of your new pets:D

Not really. You should look at your candidate buns for some time and take note of how they interact, if they are shy/outgoing, if they are happy to be in the company of humans, and so on. People at rescues usually know the personality of each rabbit and will be able to give you advice.

Nope not particularly! If you go to a local rescue centre they will let you look around and will often have potential rabbits that are more suited to first time owners.

This. With the rescue I volunteer with we match the right rabbit to the right home, so people that need 'easier' rabbits for whatever reason can have them 9if we have them in).

Well it depends what you're looking for really, do you want a rabbit that's easy to hold? Do you want one very laid back or quite active?

Hi Blueberry (love that name by the way!). :wave: I agree with the others that personality varies from rabbit to rabbit, it has nothing to do with breed. I also ditto the rescue thing.

You may want to avoid a long haired rabbit for your first, as they have special grooming needs.

this is soemthing to bear in mind. but yes depends on personailty. go9 for the rescue option then you can get loads of advice and can speak to someone who really knows the rabbit.

Back