• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG...spay emergency! U/D 14/5

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
OMG OMG OMG :shock:

Pudding is in at the vets today to be spayed. The vet has just called me to say that they think they can feel a baby inside her, and do they have my permission to abort it! :shock:

I asked if it could be a tumour, and they said it could, but obviously they won't know until they cut her open...and by that point any baby wouldn't be viable!

I just can't see how she could be pregnant! I've had her since around Jan. 2010 and she lives with 2 neutered males. The only thing I can think of is that one of the neuters went wrong somehow...or that it's a mummified fetus from a past pregnancy? :?

I told them to continue with the surgery...If it's a tumour or mummified fetus then it needs removing, but I'd feel really bad if it IS a baby :(

Last edited:
It can't even be that she accidentally got in with an un-neutered male because I can't even remember the last time I had one here. All my males are neutered AFAIK! :shock:

I hope the surgery goes well. If its a mummified kit then potentially she may have had it before she came to you (depending on those circumstances).

Bizzaire! Sounds unlikely to be a baby if you have to neutered males! Surely you'd be able to tell if they wern't properly neutered though as they would be hump machines?

Bizzaire! Sounds unlikely to be a baby if you have to neutered males! Surely you'd be able to tell if they wern't properly neutered though as they would be hump machines?

One of them is a hump machine, but he's the top rabbit...so I thought it just a dominance thing...hopefully it is! Lots of my neutered males still mount or spray...I've never thought anything of it until now :shock:

One of them is a hump machine, but he's the top rabbit...so I thought it just a dominance thing...hopefully it is! Lots of my neutered males still mount or spray...I've never thought anything of it until now :shock:

Er, do you ever see him fall off sideways squawking? and then having like mini muscle spasms?

Amy we had the same thing years ago
When Bambi arrived we sent her to be speyed..the vet rang and said they could feel at least 5 kits :shock:
I said no way could she be pregnant..it turned out to be large tumours..they were removed and she went on to live another 2 years ( she was 6 when she arrived)

Here's hoping its not a kit and the surgery goes well xx

Back