• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buster and New Wives Move In Together

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from my bonding thread, I have now moved Buster and his new housemates into his and the late Tululah's old shed. I had to strip it out so that he didn't immediately recognise it and it seems to have worked. They have settled in very nicely and are good friends. We've had very positive behaviour.

It also gave me a chance to have another go at decorating the place for fun. I think they quite like it.

It's called The Potting Shed

Day1aftertherevamp005.jpg

Day1aftertherevamp006.jpg

Day1aftertherevamp007.jpg

Day1aftertherevamp010.jpg

Day1aftertherevamp013.jpg

Day1aftertherevamp018.jpg

Day1aftertherevamp024.jpg

Day1aftertherevamp023.jpg

nom nom nom

Day1aftertherevamp025.jpg

I want to live in one of your bunny houses :oops:

Do buns like mirrors?

All of our buns have mirrors in their houses and I'd have to say that some do and some don't. I do have one bunny who likes to lick his own reflection and his wife, she likes to dig and scratch at hers!

The mirrors are good in many ways. They reflect light into sometimes dark spaces, they make the place feel roomier, they mean I can see where the buns are without having to get right inside. For example in this house I can peep through the window and see under the window by looking in the mirror opposite. It's great as it means I don't have to startle them.

:D

Amazing. That is fantastic.

Lucky Buster too. Two wives.

I know. Despite being over 10 years old and always very sedate with his last wife of 7 years standing, he has suddenly found himself and loves to run around and 'hop on top' of either of them. The girls were here for so long with no interest so it made sense, particularly at their ages of 6+. It meant that they could upgrade from their foster hutch to a shed so better all round. I didn't really have any of our other groups that would have worked with him anyway so I think it was my best chance of a happy life for him going onwards.

I love it, I'm stealing some ideas, really lovely, hope they'll all enjoy their new condo xx

Wow, brilliant, my shed arrives in 4 weeks :D

What did you use to create the shelf and ramp? They look solid!

Wow, brilliant, my shed arrives in 4 weeks :D

What did you use to create the shelf and ramp? They look solid!

The shelves and ramp are all made out of decking boards - BandQ had some over the last few weeks for £2 per 2.4m length so a bargain. For the top of the hutch and the big shelf I had them the wrong way up so that debris doesn't collect in the groves. The ramp and the tops of the wine boxes I have attached it the right way up to give some grip. The ramp is just pieces of it cut into lengths and then screwed onto the side of an donated hutch which was double storey - so it was framed out anyway, then by adding the deck board it makes it even more solid. Attached with hinges so it can be 'closed' if needed.

Can I ask what size shed and run they have please? :) You always have such pretty setups :D
Have you hinged the side of the shelf? I cant imagen it would be easy to clean out otherwise :lol:

Can I ask what size shed and run they have please? :) You always have such pretty setups :D
Have you hinged the side of the shelf? I cant imagen it would be easy to clean out otherwise :lol:

This is an 8x6 shed with a permanent front extension/run on decking (not in the photos) which is about 5 x 6 x 3.5 high. Non of the shelves are hinged, just the ramp so I can move the hutch out from underneath if needed, but luckily these guys are pretty tidy, and use their litter trays most of the time. At the moment we are seeing a fair bit of scatter bombing with their poos but this will be to mark territory as Buster lived in here before.

I find this set up relatively easy to clean if I am honest as everything on the floor is moveable.:D

This is an 8x6 shed with a permanent front extension/run on decking (not in the photos) which is about 5 x 6 x 3.5 high. Non of the shelves are hinged, just the ramp so I can move the hutch out from underneath if needed, but luckily these guys are pretty tidy, and use their litter trays most of the time. At the moment we are seeing a fair bit of scatter bombing with their poos but this will be to mark territory as Buster lived in here before.

I find this set up relatively easy to clean if I am honest as everything on the floor is moveable.:D

thankyou :D it's a good job those bunnies are clean :lol:

Back