• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling those in need of vaccines! (reduced cost/free!)

emjrabbitwolf

Warren Scout
If your bunny needs vaccinating maybe take a look at http://www.nvmonline.co.uk/

May is National Vaccination Month, where a lot of vets are offering reduced or free vaccines, especially if you take the voucher along.
Guess some vets don't want people to know as it means they lose a lot of money!

Just thought some people might find it useful to know

You've got to have not vaccinated your buns for 9 months though, which isn't really promoting regular vacs.

xx

True. Its mainly aimed at those who've never had their pets vaccinated or have fallen behind. Sometimes just due to life or money vaccines do get left undone, so now is a good time to start. Get the first 2 jabs (VHD & Myxi) done in May (2 weeks apart, so there's enough of May left to do that), then get sorted for the top up in 6 months.
If anyone here doesn't have their bunny registered at a vet, could be a good opportunity to do so?

mine had their myxi ones 2-3 weeks ago... so does vhd count or is it the nine month thing now for me too? thank you for this though!!!

think its 9 months per jab... like for a cat might get flu jab once a year but not others? you'd need to check with the vet in the area. Though maybe ring one or two, they each might have a different view on it!

Just know times have been tough for people, and wanted to offer help to them and their pets. Hoping people will also pass on the information to friends/family.

Aaah, phooey. My two are booked in today for their VHD boosters. But they're not overdue and my vets are in on the scheme. Nuts :roll::lol:

I think its just vaccs against Myxi that are on the scheme not VHD. We are offering the scheme and its more to promote vaccinations to those who arent doing them regulary (probs not many on here!) as well as helping those out who have let it run over, for one reason or another.
The bun had to be at least 9 months old or has not been vaccinated against myxi for at least 9 months. Cant say what other vets are doing, but we are offering that the owner pays for the first out of date vacc and presents the voucher. This then entitles them their next myxi in 6 months time for free :D

Back