• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

agghhhh! Just when I thought my dream was going to come true.

Moggiee

Young Bun
I have wanted a rabbit for a while now.
Badly.
Seriously, badly.

Finally, after definite "no's!" Mum said she would think about it.
Maybe one day, but I might go off it she thinks.
I won't but at least maybe one day.
c:

Please tell me all you need to know about rabbits, everything.
And just when my friends rabbit gave birth to 18 kits and I was going to get a discount.

I cannot say my age. No, Not 100% , Vaccinations etc.. would be down to my mum. However, Happy to pitch in with my own money c:, Which is offered.

And yes, 18 Kits. I was like WOW. o_o

Are you old enough to get a part time job to support your bunny? I think if one of my kids got a job, saved up for the necessary housing/equipment etc and could prove that they had researched it well...then I would let them have the opportunity to prove themselves:D Maybe instead of nagging your mum you could propose to that to her?

If your not old enough to work...would she let you work/do jobs for her to save up for a bun and its upkeep?

i posted this on your thread yesterday

hay
£5 a bale. lasts about 3 months for 2 bunnies
if bought in little bags, cost me about £3 a week for 1 bunny.

food
bag of pellets = bowt £4 lasts about 2 months with one bunny
vegetables - bout £4 a week for one
herbs - £1 a week for one bunny (50p each for growing parsley or mint. doesn't last long since snowball eats so much :lol:)

vaccinations
about £18 each for myxi and vhd
myxi every 6 months
vhd every 12 months

spay or neuter
neuter about £60 or so
spay £90 or so - these can be more or less depending on area.

vets
about £20 for a consultation.
meds are extra - for 3 days worth of painkiller it cost me £12
a week of antibiotics cost £10

dental
if a bunny has teeth problems, they will need their teeth done
can cost about £60 a go (have seen some on here with dentals costing £120 though)
will cost lots more if they need to go under GA to have this done.

Some buns on here need a dental done every 3 weeks, others every 6
dental problems are quite common with bunnies

an episode of stasis can go into the hundreds for treatment.

hope this helps :wave:

nough to get a part time job to support your bunny? I think if one of my kids got a job, saved up for the necessary housing/equipment etc and could prove that they had researched it well...then I would let them have the opportunity to prove themselves Maybe instead of nagging your mum you could propose to that to her?

If your not old enough to work...would she let you work/do jobs for her to save up for a bun and its upkeep?

Hmm, I don't know. I have a whole deck of cards to sell, doesn't sound much I know.. she said she definitely wouldn't until the time was right. So that means until we could and know it would be cared for the best it would be. c:

And No.. this isn't a troll topic. This is 100 % true c:
No spam whatsoever.

nough to get a part time job to support your bunny? I think if one of my kids got a job, saved up for the necessary housing/equipment etc and could prove that they had researched it well...then I would let them have the opportunity to prove themselves Maybe instead of nagging your mum you could propose to that to her?

Hmm, I don't know. I have a whole deck of cards to sell, doesn't sound much I know.. she said she definitely wouldn't until the time was right. So that means until we could and know it would be cared for the best it would be. c:

No spam whatsoever.

Theres your answer then....sorry:roll: My boys are 9 and 11 and they work hard to look after their animals. My 9 year old son has sold tons of his playmobil to get his bunny the home she deserves:D He cares for the dogs and medicated one of them twice a day. They both walk their own dogs twice a day (thats before doing their activities, homework and lastly playing with friends) even in the pouring rain and thick snow.

I had no hesitation when my 9 year old asked to rescue Poppy, she's his (but my overall responsibility). You will need to meet your mum halfway and provide her with plan of how you can care for these rabbits.

No spam whatsoever.

is this an physical deck of cards....or a metaphoric one?! :?

Also, why can't you tell us your age? :?

Yes, thanks for your help.
c:

If there is any other things I need to know about rabbits, please say so c:
Like are they better in pairs etc.. Always good to know facts!

And a huge deck of pokemon, rares and stuff.
And because I don't think I should to people I don't know c:

Last edited:
c:

Seeing as it isn't an urgent need for knowledge, why don't you browse through the care sections on the forum? If you have any specific questions then you can ask us! :wave:

c:

I think you probably know all this stuff already:) But yes, rabbits are better in pairs or groups.

By the sound of things I think it would be better for you to wait a few years before getting bunnies:wave:

I think you should wait until your mum wants rabbits, I am young too although do/pay for everything for my rabbits but if my buns need unforseen vet treatment, my parents will help to pay. But they can be relucant to pay for anything as they don't really like the buns so I think it would be a lot easier to get a pet that your parents actually want instead of you nagging for one otherwise they may be reluctant to pay for any vet bills/care for the rabbits if needed.

Rabbits are very complicated pets, I read up on them but a lot of websites don't say the right things which I know now. Do you know how sensitive and many illnesses they can get? Such as GI stasis, E.C etc?

I have wanted a rabbit for a while now.
Badly.
Seriously, badly.

Finally, after definite "no's!" Mum said she would think about it.
Maybe one day, but I might go off it she thinks.
I won't but at least maybe one day.
c:

Please tell me all you need to know about rabbits, everything.
And just when my friends rabbit gave birth to 18 kits and I was going to get a discount.

????

Seeing as it isn't an urgent need for knowledge, why don't you browse through the care sections on the forum? If you have any specific questions then you can ask us!
___
Thanks, well some things I would like to know are..

Just some things like temperament of the lion head breed, If there is a pair; what genders go best together; as in calmest & If I get £15.00 - £.3.50, Would I be able to buy things like foods, bedding for the rabbit every month?
_____
A discount on the price of the rabbit/s i might of bought.

___
Thanks, well some things I would like to know are..

Just some things like temperament of the lion head breed, If there is a pair; what genders go best together; as in calmest & If I get £15.00 - £.3.50, Would I be able to buy things like foods, bedding for the rabbit every month?
_____
A discount on the price of the rabbit/s i might of bought.

If you only get £15 a month

who would pay for the vets? like the vaccs and neuter that i pointed out to you a few posts above?
would your parents pay for the vets?
what happens if your parents are still at work and your bunny needs an urgent vet trip - how would you get there?

do you have a bunny savvy vet in your area?
where would they live - can you afford accommodation for them?
what happens when you go on holiday - would your parents pay for boarding or would you have to pay?

Rabbits do cost a lot, to start with you've got accomadation, if they're going to be outdoors than £100-200 is needed to get a good quality, 6ft X 2ft hutch with attached 6ft X 4ft run at least. Then to get the rabbits vaccinated, myxi every 6 months and VHD every year, and get them spayed/neutered which costs vary but for my female it was £80 and males are around £50 I think, and everything on top of that and day to day care costs a lot. I spend a lot more than £15 a month on my two's general care, a lot more on things I want to treat them to.

Back