• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had my moment to say goodbye

MarieAnson

Warren Scout
I have just got back from my local pet crematorium, run by a lovely couple who live in a nearby village.

As Thomas passed away whilst I was at work I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. However today that has changed. I went to see Thomas one last time as those who read my other posts will know how is body was sent somewhere else in error.

He looked so beautiful, all fluffy, peaceful and as if he was just about to fall asleep.
He didn't look dead at all. I stroked his ears, feet and body and they were still soft and supple making it more surreal that he was gone.
I was stroking him so much and asking him to wake up. I can't describe how much love I have for this little guy.

Anyway I don't wish to go on but my final goodbye was such a sweet and tender moment, it was hard seeing him there, but he didn't look dead, he just looked as cute as he always did. The only sign of anything wrong was a little bit of white under his nose which I have no idea what it was. I also got a little cutting of his hair to keep forever.

I will always have a huge ache in my heart now that he has gone.
Goodnight Thomas my beautiful boy.

IMG_9030.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg
]

Last edited:
I am so sorry you lost your special little man :cry: He was truly beautiful :love:

Thinking of you & sending you huge hugs xxx

So sorry you lost him :( He was gorgeous :love:

Being able to say goodbye does help. I always feel like something is "unfinished" until I've laid them to rest.

Such a handsome bunny. It's nice that you got to say good bye and give him strokes and cuddles.

Binky free little one x

Back