• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£48!!!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Nearly fell off my chair just now. The invoice from my new vet just came in for the girls last Myxi injection :roll: £48 for two injections! it doesn't even say consultation, just the injection price. :shock:

Now I can see why he only recommends it once a year, he charges double the price for it than my old vet (£12 from her)!

He's a nice guy, but I think next year, we'll go back to her for them. The mad thing is, he's so cheap for a spay! Only £55 which I thought was great.

My old vet charged £25 per injection, so I always took the bunnies elsewhere for jabs :oops:

I always pay £22 for a myxi vaccination that seems to be around the average for the country.

I pay £40 for VHD + Myxi if i pay for them both together. Just saves a few pennies :)

Dont pay for consultations for vaccinations.

Yeah, my old vets charged aroud £25 per jab.. so I took them to companion care when they had a half price deal on so got them for £10 each! Both rabbits vaccinated for myxi and vhd (2 weeks apart) for a total of £40!

:shock: blimey! I think last year I paid no more than £17 each for myxi and then the other....that included fees... :shock: :shock:

If I take 5 buns in I pay £9 per VHD jab, mixy is £14 ish !! I take up all the appointments when its jab time :wave:

Just had a look at my receipt there, i had Herbie in for his Myxi last week, was £15.32 for the actual vaccine, never charged me the consultation as he just put it through on Inca's consultation.
Not bad in comparison to others.

I paid £15 each at Vets4Pets but I wouldn't have them do any dental procedures, I go to another vet for those but their myxi is about £20.

I have found a new vets that give me a discount had four VHD's for £10 each this year compared to £22!!

£50.04 for two myxi jabs 2 weeks ago - i just checked my receipt...

Think yourselves lucky :shock:

Last edited:
You all have it good. Here I pay at least £35 for just ONE myxi jab..... London is so expensive for vet treatments.

The emergency vets I use are priced the same, it's no wonder a lot of pet owners don't vaccinate

Wow - pricey vary so much!!! :shock: I paid £45 last time for a myxi and VHD and a myxi booster.

Do some people only vaccinate once a year then?

Back