• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling a little anxious today

MarieAnson

Warren Scout
Morning everyone

Can't help but I have the butterflies in my tummy feeling today.
The reason is because of Thomas my angel bun who passed away last Thurs.

It is yet more drama added to the story.
When Thomas passed away I was at work and DH had to take him to the vets to see if they could see why he had died. He then made the decision to pay for Thomas to go for mass cremation via the vets and he left him there.

When I got home from work I was told about Thomas and as you will all understand I was distraught but it was made worse when I discovered his fate.
I have only owned a few pets myself, my Bearded Collie boys Frankie & Charlie and my two buns Missy & Thomas.
Until Thursday, I had only lost Frankie and Missy and both were taken to our local pet crematorium, run by an amazing elderly couple and they were treated with respect and dignity and on both occasions I received their ashes in oak caskets with brass name plates.

So going back to Thurs I was so upset at the thought of my Thomas being thrown into a van in a plastic bag and taken off somewhere where I had no knowledge of. I called the vets who said his body had already been collected that morning and was en route to Bury (we are in Chesterfield).
Anyway to cut a long story short, we located Thomas to a van and on Friday morning I received a call to tell me he had been found and this company who had him (Rossendale) wanted to know what I wanted to do with him.
They did seem surprised when I said I wanted him back. :cry:
So today he is travelling back to my local vets and he will them be going to the nearby pet crem where the lovely Pat and Les will tend to him.

I did ask Les if there was any chance that I could see Thomas for one last time. He said he would make that decision when he had his body back.

I am now waiting for the phone call to let me know Thomas is back with my vets and it making me very nervous.
However I will soon have him back home and he can go and rest at peace forever in his conservatory and I can talk to him whenever I am close by.

Morning everyone

Can't help but I have the butterflies in my tummy feeling today.
The reason is because of Thomas my angel bun who passed away last Thurs.

It is yet more drama added to the story.
When Thomas passed away I was at work and DH had to take him to the vets to see if they could see why he had died. He then made the decision to pay for Thomas to go for mass cremation via the vets and he left him there.

When I got home from work I was told about Thomas and as you will all understand I was distraught but it was made worse when I discovered his fate.
I have only owned a few pets myself, my Bearded Collie boys Frankie & Charlie and my two buns Missy & Thomas.
Until Thursday, I had only lost Frankie and Missy and both were taken to our local pet crematorium, run by an amazing elderly couple and they were treated with respect and dignity and on both occasions I received their ashes in oak caskets with brass name plates.

So going back to Thurs I was so upset at the thought of my Thomas being thrown into a van in a plastic bag and taken off somewhere where I had no knowledge of. I called the vets who said his body had already been collected that morning and was en route to Bury (we are in Chesterfield).
Anyway to cut a long story short, we located Thomas to a van and on Friday morning I received a call to tell me he had been found and this company who had him (Rossendale) wanted to know what I wanted to do with him.
They did seem surprised when I said I wanted him back. :cry:
So today he is travelling back to my local vets and he will them be going to the nearby pet crem where the lovely Pat and Les will tend to him.

I did ask Les if there was any chance that I could see Thomas for one last time. He said he would make that decision when he had his body back.

I am now waiting for the phone call to let me know Thomas is back with my vets and it making me very nervous.
However I will soon have him back home and he can go and rest at peace forever in his conservatory and I can talk to him whenever I am close by.

So sorry to hear about this.

At least you have him back, and hope you get what you want to from seeing him one last time :)

I can imagine how you felt, but how amazing you managed to track him down and get him back! Even if you don't get to see the little chap again, at least you know now he is going to be treated with respect you will get his ashes back so you can give him a proper send off. Big hugs xxx

I was so relieved when he was found.

I really believe that we owe our animals the same respect and final send off as I would expect.
They are family after all.

It gives me closure too and I feel I have honoured his life by doing this for him.

Back