• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Jasper please UD - back from vets - Pics added

MichG

Mama Doe
A few days ago I took on Jasper, he is a 9 month old boy, I think he is a Cashmere/Nethie... could be wrong.

Anyway he has a broken front leg, it has been broken now for the past 3 weeks and he had received no medication or vet attention for it :cry: So he came home with me on Friday :D, I took him to see my friend who is a head VN who put him straight on meloxidyl and told me to make an appt to see my usual vet on monday. So to cut a long story short we are off to the vets this morning, vibes needed for coming round from the GA from the x ray and also that the leg can be repaired and not amputated.

Poor boy is also having food and drink issues, he will not eat anything dry (Hay or pellets) and barely eats fresh stuff either, and drinks very little water and his urine is either really calciumy or red/orange so vibes for that as well please.

I fear I have taken on a very poorly bunny, fingers crossed everything is treatable and he can have a loving, comfortable and fun life with me and the other 8 :D

Last edited:
Thanks, I will. Can't wait for any sort of treatment for his leg to start properly, I hate seeing him in pain and lifting his leg up etc. Poor boy :cry:

I will also post piccies a bit later :)

I know it's not the same but zoid had to go under to have his toe amputated I was a nervous wreck that day :-( he came out of it alright, I'm sure jasper can do the same!

Just rang the vet and they have decided not to amputate today :D
Don't know the full ins and outs but the vet wants to talk to me when I pick him up at 5 (he is still very sleepy, fingers crossed no stasis this time...)

So will have to wait and see how he goes.
Will UD more when have spoken to my vet. Thanks for all the vibes but please keep them coming.

I am also really happy he has come to live with me, I couldn't have lived with myself if I hadn't have taken him with me when I left.

Back from vets and its all good news at the moment.
Jasper has a broken radius and ulna (sp??) in his front leg, the bones are now mis aligned and the radius has fused to the ulna, which leaves a bit of bone sticking out close to the skin. The vet thinks it should callous over on its own and be ok, slightly deformed but perfectly fine, as long as the bone does not break through the skin, if that happens then probably amputation. He is on Metacam and unless the bones comes through the skin or he seems in more pain then he will be fine :D

Also no stasis after GA this time!! He hasn't eaten much but I have caught him eating some hay, just gonna keep a close eye on him tonight!

Aww poor little Jasper - come on baby, get that lil' leg better fruitcake. Would love to see pics of him :)

Where did he come from? Do you know how he broke his leg? :shock:

Bless Jasper, Mich - I'm sorry I didn't see your thread this morning - lots & lots of vibes for him. Thank goodness he found a forever mummy to look after him xxxx

Aw Poor Jasper! I'm glad you took him on. Poor thing. Was it Stephan who operated on him? Sending vibes. xx

Yeah it was Stephan, that's why he went in today rather than over the weekend, he didn't have an op, just an xray, but had to be done under GA as he is a feisty wiggle bunny and wouldn't sit still long enough :roll:

He is a PACT bunny and we have absolutely no idea how his leg got broken :( poor thing.

He was ever so aggressive at pact, but he hasn't gone for me once since I have bought him home :D he is still a very nervous bun but hopefully as the pain gets less he will come more and more out of his shell.

This is Jasper, you can see the leg on the right looks funny thats his broken one.

Jasper003.jpg

Jasper010.jpg

Back