• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many rabbits do you own?

I now have three. They are lovely but not as cuddly as my last girl. They are very independent rabbits!

I have a trio that live outdoors.
I had my beautiful indoor bunny Lily too but she is now very sadly at the bridge.
We wont be getting anymore indoor bunnies either not because of the mess and damage she caused but because of the oh so close bond I had with her and its too painful to go through that again.

So back to the original question I hvae 3, an elderly nethie, a dutch and an english

Only 1 now. :cry: I definately think they're happiest in pairs or groups. Have you chosen your new buns yet? Welcome to RU anyway Moggiee! :wave:

Hoppit;; I am so sorry to hear that :/
How about you buy another rabbit?c:

Well, my boy is getting on for 8 now, and as I don't want to keep 'overlapping' buns I don't want to get a younster. I have been on the lookout for a bun his age up for adoption, but so far haven't found anybun suitable. :(

Have you considered adopting rescue buns at all? They would be neutered, vaccinated and bonded already, which would save a lot of money and hassle, and it'd mean you could pick them for their personalities as well as looks. You never really know what you're getting when you buy kits from a breeder/petshop. Even if you've got your heart set on baby bunnies you may find them in a rescue centre too, particularly at this time of year.

How many rabbits would you recommended to a kind of beginner.

When I say "Kind of" beginner; I had a rabbit when i was around 5, doesn't really count does it.

well we had a look at the rabbit rehome website and looked at fostering and if we did, i have found a cute pair nearest, the right breed and everything, so I hope, if mum says yes.

I have 8 bunnies just now, all rescues and all different breeds or crosses. As long as there are bunnies in resuce I shall probably always have bunnies as I feel I have the right knowledge and give good care and really want to give as many as possible a good home.

Back