• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I insane?

MarieAnson

Warren Scout
As some of you may or may not know, I lost my beautiful Lionhead boy Thomas on Thursday aged 11 months. As you will know loss is very tough to accept at the moment.
He was a house bun and lived in my conservatory.
I have just been turning the cushions on the sofas in there and came across a couple of his droppings that had fallen down the side. I can't bear to throw them away and I have put them in a little container along with some of his hair which I have collected from round the bottom of the sofa where he used to lay. It still smells like him. :cry:

Is this the actions of a mad woman? I daren't tell my husband he will think I have gone completely gaga.

IMG_6331.jpg

No, you're just someone who is grieving, that's all.

Flash died on 27th December 2005, and I have a manky, strappy top that I used to syringe feed him on that still has crusty food on it. For ages I cuddled it at night, now it sits next to my bed.

There's nothing wrong with what you've done. Be patient with yourself.

Not at all.
I can't bare to throw away my hamsters toys :(
And I still have some of the things that were my bunnys who passed away almost 2 years ago

It is ignoring or denying grief that makes you 'insane' (for want of a better word), what you are doing is perfectly normal, if you didn't allow yourself to grieve it would only cause you problems further down the line, or exhibit itself in different ways. (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your boy. I still think every day of my rabbt Ginger, who I lost 6 months ago. The pain will never go away, but it will 'shrink to a managable size' at least. Lots of hugs.

it is only natural to do these things and we all do it, i can't bring myself to get rid of my bambinos things :( i made a right idiot of myself when i went into pets at home the first time after delilah and then after steve went.... i cried and had to go sit in the car

xhugsx

When my very first dog died I slept with her collar under my pillow every night for FIVE YEARS! I even took it on holidays with me as I couldn't bare to leave it behind :cry:

It takes time xxxxxxx

Back