• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies having their vaccinations tomorrow....

rosienbell

Warren Scout
Is there anything i need to know?

This is the first time they will be having them.. will they need any special aftercare, is there side effects i need to be aware of?

Thank you :)

They will likely have their Myxomatosis vaccination tomorrow, and then in two weeks they will need their VHD. they should NOT be given together. Each bunny should get a full health check.

I'd suggest you asking the vet about what vaccination they give for VHD, and also that you do a search on Cylap, lapinject and also Anivac on RU which will give you a lot of info. Those three things are the three different types of vaccinations they can have for VHD and doing your research on them is key.

They should have the myxi and VHD done 2 weeks apart.

The myxi vacc is usually taken very well by rabbits and there are rarely any side effects.

There are three types of VHD vacc; Cylap, Lapinject and Anivac. The Cylap can cause side effects in a lot of rabbits, so I suggest asking the vet to get in Lapinject or Anivac for your rabbits as they produce less side effects.

Only healthy rabbits should be vaccinated so make sure the vet gives your rabbits a thorough check up. :)

vaccinations/ worming (update)

They ended up having there vhd done today and was cylap.... but they seem fine up to now and eating normal so fingers crossed all will be fine.

I paid for a package which includes 1 vhd, 2 myxi, 2worming treatements, they are having the myxi in just over 2 weeks.

the worming treatments i have to do my self.. its a 9 day course that needs to be syringed, does anyone know if its ok to start this now or should a wait for a couple of weeks after injections?

Thank you in advance :)

They ended up having there vhd done today and was cylap.... but they seem fine up to now and eating normal so fingers crossed all will be fine.

I paid for a package which includes 1 vhd, 2 myxi, 2worming treatements, they are having the myxi in just over 2 weeks.

the worming treatments i have to do my self.. its a 9 day course that needs to be syringed, does anyone know if its ok to start this now or should a wait for a couple of weeks after injections?

Thank you in advance :)

I believe you can use panacur (worming treatment) after being vaccinated, but if you are at all worried, then leave it a couple of weeks after the myxi.

9 days panacur is now seen as not long enough to kill the parasites. The recommended course now is 28 days, usually just once unless you board the rabbits or you bond new rabbits or if they come in contact with other rabbits, in which case, you have to do another 28 day course.

Question re: this. My bun is going in for her myxi jab thur but vet has said it'll be with the VHd? Is this norm for yearly vax? She had it separate last yr.

Back