• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning bunnies ears?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Since Inca has had her sore leg, she has not been able to clean her right ear. You know when they kinds scratch it with their back paw, well when she tries to do it her back paw comes out in between her front legs and she can't get to her ear :(

Anyways, i have been kinda cleaning it with my pinky finger, but was just wondering if there is anything i could put in or use that would be better?

It ain't waxy or anything, just a bit of white dry skin, not too much.

Thanks x

Personally i'd just leave her :) If its not mucky then she will be ok.

Is her poorly leg permanent? or is it something which will heal?

Obviously if she cant clean her ear for a long time then muck will build up but i'm all for leaving things be until you think you need to do something. Obviously ears are sensitive things and messing with them can cause more harm than good.

Just my opinion :)

hope she gets better soon

xx

I use Olive Oil, but only after checking with an otoscope to make sure that there is no pus/inflammation/mites within the ear canal xx

She is getting acupuncture for the leg, but tbh i think it is gonna be a permanent thing.

I have the vets on Wednesday, so i will get them to check in her ear with the otoscope and then use the olive oil if they are ok :)

Back