• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wet poo

Maisie has been home for about 24 hours, last night she had pooed and weed and had eaten (food was provided by the breeder)
This morning all looked fine, if not a little destroyed. Just been out there and there is a 4 or 5 wet poos and a clump of it, i picked her up and her bum is wet with it. The individual ones were quite wet so i'm worrying, she's still munching on hay as i type and she's been playing with her toys.
Its really frustrating because i had bunns for 6 years and i'm questioning everything that i should no.
:cry:

All I can say is try not to worry, I know easier said then done. My two were very wet yesterday, stress from coming to a new home with new smells etc must of upset them. I only gave them hay yesterday and lots of fresh water and it seems to have done the trick.
Rabbits normally do poo that look like a wet bunch of grapes (best way they were described to me) rabbits tend to eat these as they are half digested mine tend to clean themselves but with the extra they had yesterday I just picked them up and put it in the litter box

shes on pellets the breeder gave us and i gave her a shot glass (closed i had to an egg cup :lol: ) full morning and night and a mountain of hay shes chow downed on. I've just seen her drink for the first time so she defo knows where that is.
They are like wet grapes, someone on my other thread it was pretty normal but i'm keeping an eye on her just in case.

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4625069 said:
shes on pellets the breeder gave us and i gave her a shot glass (closed i had to an egg cup :lol: ) full morning and night and a mountain of hay shes chow downed on. I've just seen her drink for the first time so she defo knows where that is.
They are like wet grapes, someone on my other thread it was pretty normal but i'm keeping an eye on her just in case.

Do you know the brand?
Some bunnys get this problem when on excel pellets, that's all.

Back