• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! Bunny been bitten, advice please.

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all,

More trouble in my trio, although they're all loved up again at the moment :roll:

Debbie has a tendency to front mount the other two occasionally and it looks like one of them has bitten her underneath between her leg and her bits. I panicked at first as there seemed to be a lot of blood, now I've cut some of the hair back it doesn't look as bad, there is a cut about 1.5cm long which does look sore and she's no putting pressure on her back leg. Ive called the vet who told me to bathe it (which I have already) and keep an eye on her eating and drinking (she's doing both) and to take her in tomorrow.

What do you guys think? Any other advice? I have some baytril and marvelon, could I give her a little of that? Any advice is much appreciated!

Has the vet actually seen the wound? in that area I would want the wound seen.

If that was my bunny I would also be giving Metacam (which I have and have been given advice by my vet for when to give it- so only give that on your vets advice).

Back