• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treats for baby bun?

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624528 said:
what do you give a baby bun as a treat/bribe to love you :oops:
I got some carrot and apple drops from the pet shop but she doesn't seem to like them or me :cry:

:wave: hey, how long have you had her??

only about 24hrs but i'm impatient.
Her room is the kitchen so everytime i go in there i talk to her to get her used to my voice, she is quite boisterous. I'm going to be doing my coursework out there this afternoon while hubby watches football

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624742 said:
only about 24hrs but i'm impatient.
Her room is the kitchen so everytime i go in there i talk to her to get her used to my voice, she is quite boisterous. I'm going to be doing my coursework out there this afternoon while hubby watches football

if you dont mind me asking is she a rescue, petshop or breeder bun??
petshop buns can be a bit more nervy/shy due to not being handled much :)

i got her from a breeder and was regularly handles apparently, she doesn't seem to mind being picked up, well she doesn't squirm.
I'm a little worried she was done alot (looks alot to me but not sure if it is) of wet poo, her bum is a little wet with it, but can't clean it until hubbs comes home as i can't hold her and clean. is it normal? am i just being a worrier?

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624769 said:
i got her from a breeder and was regularly handles apparently, she doesn't seem to mind being picked up, well she doesn't squirm.
I'm a little worried she was done alot (looks alot to me but not sure if it is) of wet poo, her bum is a little wet with it, but can't clean it until hubbs comes home as i can't hold her and clean. is it normal? am i just being a worrier?

when you say wet poo, is it formed at all?? what has she been fed etc??

yeah it was like a long wet version of the normal poo
shes on pellets that the breeder gave but not very many and she has loads of hay.
She's still playing and munching on hay
I'm getting frustrated with myself because i had 2 bunnies for almost 6 years but i can't remember whats normal :oops:

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624785 said:
yeah it was like a long wet version of the normal poo
shes on pellets that the breeder gave but not very many and she has loads of hay.
She's still playing and munching on hay
I'm getting frustrated with myself because i had 2 bunnies for almost 6 years but i can't remember whats normal :oops:

she sounds like she's fine hun :wave: both mine do poops like that and that wait for them to harden and eat them (attractive aint it :roll: ) theres a name for that type of poop but i cant spell it :oops:

as fo getting her to like you, that is going to take time and if you rush her thats not going to help matters. a bun needs to trust you and only she can decide when that is. bella took a good 6 months to come round and now she's my little side kick,follows me everywhere. jasper took longer, nearly a good year but now he is as good as gold but is still a bit nervous around everyone but me

thank you for putting my mind at rest.
Dunno why i'm worrying about her so much, think its cause shes a baby the other 2 came when they were about 6 months.
I'm currently sat on my kitchen floor with my laptop, i think the washing machine freaked her out a little. I can just see into her little box house and she's cleaning her nose so guess shes ok :love: just going to see if she braves leaving her cage today.

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624809 said:
thank you for putting my mind at rest.
Dunno why i'm worrying about her so much, think its cause shes a baby the other 2 came when they were about 6 months.
I'm currently sat on my kitchen floor with my laptop, i think the washing machine freaked her out a little. I can just see into her little box house and she's cleaning her nose so guess shes ok :love: just going to see if she braves leaving her cage today.

she probably wont leave her cage for a while hun, im not saying she wont, but just prepare your self that this may take a while. that way if she reponds to you quicker it will be a great surprise :)
the day bella jumped up on the sofa for a cuddle, i was just a smiley freak all day :lol:
doesnt take much to make me happy :lol:

me either, i'm excited she's cleaning her nose and ears, its soooo cute.
The treat things are a bit of a mystery, just looked on the packet and it doesn't actually say what they are. They seem to be apple/ carrot blitzed and dried, just looked in the ingredients and don't think i'll bother giving them to her.

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624830 said:
me either, i'm excited she's cleaning her nose and ears, its soooo cute.
The treat things are a bit of a mystery, just looked on the packet and it doesn't actually say what they are. They seem to be apple/ carrot blitzed and dried, just looked in the ingredients and don't think i'll bother giving them to her.

best treats are the natural ones, try to stay away from the processed stuff (i fell into that trap and was giving my buns egg biscuits, which on the pack says they can have, but really that shouldnt :shock: )
fenngreek crunchies always go down well.

www.thehayexperts.co.uk

heres a link for the hay experts..... its a buns parardise for everything you will need for her :D

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624861 said:
ooo they have some lovely stuff, i know where my birthday money is goine :lol:

:oops: i could spends a fortune but im moving soon so have to be good..... for now :lol:

your little girl looks so cute, are you going to get her a friend in time or just have her? :)

i'd like to get her a friend but hubby says no at the moment but i'm sure i can nag him enough. :lol: I'm hoping that we can move her into the conservetory and then we could get her a friend but we've only just moved to this house and have no idea how hot it is out there so will see in the summer.

empty loo rolls with hay stuffed in it :) also i used a primark back that i folded shut with lotsa treats in and they destroyed it lol...

also i know this may not be appropriate for you as she is a house bun but mine looooove to dig and i got them a sandbox which they really love. but i must warn u it is messy! haha

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4624884 said:
i'd like to get her a friend but hubby says no at the moment but i'm sure i can nag him enough. :lol: I'm hoping that we can move her into the conservetory and then we could get her a friend but we've only just moved to this house and have no idea how hot it is out there so will see in the summer.

:lol: thats what i was like when i first got bella, she won me over totally and i was 'craving' a second bun. i pretended it would be for her but i was totally getting them for me :oops: and then along came jasper :D

a buns are like pringles, ones just not enough :lol:

Back