• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good toys for a semi wild bunny :-S

helen01

Warren Veteran
Would love your advice really....

Poppy is semi wild and has no real interest in toys...I have only had her a few weeks and have been filling cardboard tubes up with hay and food to keep her busy...sometimes this is interesting for her. Her biggest cause of amusement is teasing my youngest dog and 'chatting' to her at the fence:p This keeps her busy for ages! lol!

She is quite food orientated so we have planted herbs in her enclosure and scattered seeds for her to dig them up. I have also scattered lots of timothy seed to make the grass more lush in her enclosure (its not come through yet:cry:)

What good toys/activities can I get to keep her busy and interested when I'm at work?

Roger is my former wildie and he is happiest with a friend (spayed girlie bunny), somethings to chew and some newspaper to dig, and he makes a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of mess with all three of those.

I'm going to get her a friend soon, need to get her vaccinated (next week) and speyed first (May half term as I'm off all week to look after her:D). I also need to get her a summerhouse/huge cage first as she is a big bunny and needs lots of space.

Do you just put the papers into his run and let him 'arrange' them? I used newspaper as a liner in her cage once....it lasted about 20 mins as she pulled it all up and 'rearranged' it! lol! That sounds a good idea:D

I'm going to get her a friend soon, need to get her vaccinated (next week) and speyed first (May half term as I'm off all week to look after her:D). I also need to get her a summerhouse/huge cage first as she is a big bunny and needs lots of space.

Do you just put the papers into his run and let him 'arrange' them? I used newspaper as a liner in her cage once....it lasted about 20 mins as she pulled it all up and 'rearranged' it! lol! That sounds a good idea:D

:lol: this is what I do, and then he 'tidies'. I'm safe with him because I know he doesn't eat newspaper, but you can only do it if you know he doesn't ingest it.

I'd also suggest hiding and stiulating with food.

My wildies go mad for toys, so I'm surprised yours doesn't.

They love things to jump onto, like stools or tables.
Stuff to chew, like apple tree branches
Stuff to throw around, like willow toys or plant pots.

Their favourite toy has to be a large plastic planter that I cut a hole in and put upside down in the run for them to hide in...they don't usually hide in it though, just throw it around! :roll: :lol:

Last edited:
My wildies go mad for toys, so I'm surprised yours doesn't.

They love things to jump onto, like stools or tables.
Stuff to chew, like apple tree branches
Stuff to throw around, like willow toys or plant pots.

Their favourite toy has to be a large plastic planter that I cut a hole in and put upside down in the run for them to hide in...they don't usually hide in it though, just throw it around! :roll: :lol:

I have used some big logs and made her a big area to climb on, she loves watching the youngest dog so she can have a good 'perch' from there. Ive also made it sheltered underneath so she can hide:D Thats been in in her enclosure a week and she climbed up it yesterday...and was on it most of the day! lol! Ive put willow branches in. I have also used plant pots for hay.

I will have a look for a planter though as thats a good idea:D She is still new to it all I think, hopefully in a few months she will love toys:D

:lol: this is what I do, and then he 'tidies'. I'm safe with him because I know he doesn't eat newspaper, but you can only do it if you know he doesn't ingest it.

I'd also suggest hiding and stiulating with food.

Thanks, I will put some newspapers in when it stops raining:D

Did you give him something to dig in? A tub filled with dirt or newspaper strips? Bunnies love to dig.

She has a big grass enclosure, part of it has bark in and some bits with hard soil (Its under a big tree) so she has plenty of digging space:D I was quite worried that she would try and dig out and we would have to put mesh under the grass but apart from the bit under the cage, she has just scratted about and not tried to dig out:p.....yet:lol:

I could put newspaper strips in a tub though...thank you:D

I also found that if you can get your hands on fresh olive twigs (remove the leaves), they go mad about that. But if the wood is not still green, they don't bother with it.

Back