• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Todays the day we get zoid a gf

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
We're off out in a couple of hours with zoid so he can pick himself a new gf from a rescue near us.

The rescue offer a bonding service if it's needed, what are people's experiences of these? We wouldn't have the time to watch them for 48 hrs unfortunately, so would probably need this!

I'm quite excited for him, but at the same time I'm worried in case he thinks we don't love him :-( I'm sure he won't, and he'll be happier than he's ever been :)

Wish us luck though!!

How exciting!!!
The rescue I used to work at did bonding, the plus of it is that the person doing it is really experienced (for example at PACT Dave has been doing the bunnies and bonding them for nearly 4 years now) and know what to look for in a sucessful bond. Also you don't have the stress of watching them, it all falls on another person, you can call the rescue as often as you want to ask for progress.

He won't be to worried that you are not there... after all he will have a beautiful girl bun to meet (and most probably hump... boys!!!)

Hope you find the perfect partner for him :love:

Good luck Zoid! I want another bun for my male Smudge but can't bond them myself - don't drive and hubby is allergic - so would need someone to bond them for me.... It's almost impossible in somerset - would need to go to Birmingham - but on the train... Gets expensive....

If you haven't prepared to bond yourself before you leave then you will definitely need the help of people who can do it for you.

Please don't just go by the first few minutes of an introduction - it's a false tell. Sadly I have a lot of experience of people who have gone to a 'rescue' local to me where they do speed introductions and where it all goes wrong when they go home. I've had to pick up the pieces so many times.

By going to a rescue that is reputable and does proper bonding for you (keeping the buns there for 3-5 days to ensure that the buns are happy, then you should be okay.

You will of course have to have done some homework for them coming home too to get the space that was Zoidberg's ready. Some rescues don't give you any advice on what you must do before introduding a new rabbit into your home.

If you'd like some info, then e-mail me now and I'll send you some info that I give to new homes.

Good luck and hope it all goes well.

Helen

Best of luck!!

When we got Lucky a friend, we took him to the rescue (Windwhistle Warren) and left him there a week. It meant we could totally rip out his set up and scrub everything and rearrange it for when he got back - to neutralise it all.

The rescue were fantastic - sending me email updates and pictures.

Cornishlass, i'm sure there are closer rescues to you? Some re-home nationally - can you arrange bunny runs for it and offer to help out with the cost of fuel?

Good luck Zoidberg.

Hopefully you will be returning home with a beautiful girlfriend very soon.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed here for a fast and friendly bonding. xx

Best of luck!!

When we got Lucky a friend, we took him to the rescue (Windwhistle Warren) and left him there a week. It meant we could totally rip out his set up and scrub everything and rearrange it for when he got back - to neutralise it all.

The rescue were fantastic - sending me email updates and pictures.

Cornishlass, i'm sure there are closer rescues to you? Some re-home nationally - can you arrange bunny runs for it and offer to help out with the cost of fuel?

This is what im hoping to do, did'nt the rescue want to see finished accomadation before agreeing to letting the bun come to you? its a great way to do it, not having to worry were the buns gonna live while you 'decorate'.

Good luck, Zoidy! :thumb:

Our China was bonded at a rescue centre. We left her there for three days to be bonded with Rocket at no extra charge (although we did choose to donate more as a result) and we even got photo updates of the bonding process! :) The bond was extremely successful and they are still very much in love. :love:

Lots of piccies, please! Hubby and I are big Zoidy fans. :wave:

AMETHYST

Well we've just dropped him off, and first impressions were they were pretty relaxed around one another and she started grooming him, altho he was trying to mount her!

We have to ring them back up at 4 to see how they're getting on and what to do next :D

Good luck with the bond, what was this girl bunny like?:wave:

rabbit_23263.jpg

this was her... she's a lot cuter in real life though :love:

she's here:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=23263

He's staying in over night and they're going to keep an eye on them during the day tomorrow, i'll ring them tomorrow to see how they are getting on :D

All good so far, they've been flopped out next to one another, and only a bit of chasing....

fingers crossed they go well tonight :D

Back