• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

head tilts anyone?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Heya we have a little baby rex with an inner ear infection and she has a tilty head now,
will this last or will it get better, what special needs does a tilty bun need, she has drops for her bottom eye

What meds is s/he on?

I love bunnies with head tilt. :love: they are so, so special.

How much is s/he tilted?

ETA- also, how is his/her movement, and is s/he rolling?

Last edited:
Olly has a head tilt after a couple of bad infections when he was a baby, I hoped it would go but it hasn't :( quite a few people on here have had buns with head tilt which has got better though. Olly is fine, his main problem seems to be that he's quite deaf now and his eyesight isn't very good, which makes me sad as he's only 9 months old. But he doesn't need special care, he just gets a weepy eye a lot which Honey cleans for him :love: and he can't jump onto or off anything higher than half a foot. He can go up and down ramps though, and he still bombs around sometimes and does little binkies, bless him :love:

She had baytril yesterday, shes going back to the vet im taking her to my usual vet to get a better look at her. Its not a dramatic tilt but deffinately noticeable. She gets around ok she circles round and falls over when u put her down. She will roll if picked up she likes her down eye against something. X

Generally Baytril is ineffective against an inner ear infection, however, I'm unsure which antibios, if any, of the more effective type, are safe for use in such a teeny weeny bunny.

I would also think they some Metacam would be beneficial to reduce inflammation, and also to ease the pain, because it must hurt.

If she is moving ok, then she shouldn't need much change with accommodation, but may need some adjustments. If she starts rolling more then you can use things like rolled up towles or fleecey blankets to use as a buffer so she doesn't hurt herself.

Back