• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get mesh, and which is safest?

Which of these do you think is safer, for the bottom of a run and a high window?

• 1 x 1 inch, 1.6mm thick

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 1 x 0.5 inch, 1.0mm thick

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
*Changed this thread slightly due to honeybunny2007s excellent suggestions to buy of eBay :D*

P.S if anyone has 2 pieces of suitable mesh in the sizes 6x4 foot and roughly 3x3 foot I'd love you forever and pay postage etc to get it to me :love:

'I'm finding it difficult to find decent priced galvanised mesh for the bottom of my rabbit run and for across my window.

Wickes have some but it's only 0.9m, so won't fit across my 6 x 4 foot run.

Anyone know of decent priced places?'

Last edited:
And has anyone got two pieces:

6 x 4 foot and roughly 3 x 3 foot that the wanna sell me :lol:?

I got a roll from ebay, lots of places do different lengths and widths:D

If someone has already got a roll them might have some left over:D

I got a roll from ebay, lots of places do different lengths and widths:D

If someone has already got a roll them might have some left over:D

I really hope someone has! I only need 2 meters of it, what am I gonna do with the rest :lol:? Plus every bit of money saving helps, right :roll:

Although thicker is better I wouldn't go for anything with holes bigger than 1inch x 1/2inch

Wikinson's sell cage mesh but not sure how long it is.

Thanks. Unfortunately they don't sell the correct kind, though. They don't sell galvanised that I could see on the website or instore when I popped in earlier today :/

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/nettin...ZtgzqdEBFDCIULxNV1uAazkXsEsbIGkl Y5uJn7tAhw==

that's the wilkinsons one, it says galvanised on it :wave:

it's a 1.5meter roll

Ah great :D I got excited when I saw that but it's only 60cm wide which won't fit :censored: argh why can't they just make stuff easy to find :shock:?

Are you near any rescues - they might have some and you could make a donation to them for it?

Oh that's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I'm in the same town as fat fluffs so I'll give them a poke. I don't know if any users on here know anyone involved with them :)?

Back