• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Litter Help

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I bought some cat litter the other day in Sainsburys but I have just realised that it has a pine fragrance. Is that going to be ok for a bun? My gut feeling says no?

Its wood pellets non clumping. Its just the pine fragrance I didn't see when I was buying it and now i'm unsure if I should use it.

Well i use the Pets at Home version of this, its the cat litter and it is pine fragranced. There are a lot of people on here that use the same stuff, but then there are also people who wouldn't use it.

I have never had any problems with it and i have been using it for years. Do you usually use this kind of litter? I would say that if you do and if bun usually doesn't try to eat the litter etc then it will be fine.

Thanks :wave: I usually use the bunny stuff from pets at home but couldn't get any this week. He doesn't eat litter so I will give it a go. Might wait until the morning to change the litter tray so I can keep an eye on him though

Thanks :wave: I usually use the bunny stuff from pets at home but couldn't get any this week. He doesn't eat litter so I will give it a go. Might wait until the morning to change the litter tray so I can keep an eye on him though

See, i used to use the bunny stuff from PAH, but it is much dearer in comparison to the cat litter, i buy a massive 30 litre bag of that for £8, wheras the small litter is about £4 for 7 litres.
The only difference is the pine scent. My two have never been ones for chewing at the litter, and neither did my Kermit before them, so it's fine for me.

I used to use non-clumping cat litter with a pine fragrance (from Wilkinsons). It is ok I think 'pine fragrance' basically just means the natural scent of the wood pellets :wave:

I use Morrisons wood pellet cat litter, a bit cheaper that the PaH version, though once we've sorted out the shed I intend to buy the giant bags of wood litter pellets as they are more cost effective.

I only use the litter in Ben's litter trays, not anywhere else. thats straw or sawdust.

I admit that Ben uses the cat's litter tray, when hopping about the house! (He has his own, but shares with Evie for some reason, litter tray, water, feeding zone, toys, hiding places, hugs. Very odd but cute) And that has Catsan Hygenic litter in it, and does him no harm!

Thanks everyone :wave: I have put them in his litter tray this morning and will see how we go. Next time I will get the same but without the pine :)

Back