• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does thunder scare your buns?

Leximo

Young Bun
I've had to take Buddy inside for a while since the thunder scares him silly, bless him. :( I've had to close all the windows but he still freaks out whenever he hears some thunder. I'm hoping the storm will go away since my mum probably won't let him stay inside overnight...

Do any of your buns get scared at thunder? Poor Buddy is scared witless, every time there's thunder he runs and jumps on my lap :(

Lola loves it:roll::lol: she sat in the window for bonfire night:lol:
The others get a little spooked but they are fairly nervous to start off with:wave:

Oh dear, I'm dreading Bonfire Night :( I'll definitely be keeping him indoors throughout the night on that day.

I suppose all buns are different then. It's strange, Buddy is a pretty confident bun and normal loud sounds like aeroplanes don't bother him, but thunder just sets him off.

Frankie likes to watch all the pretty lights on bonfire night xD

We had a storm last night and Frank stood by the window doing the 'danger foot stamp' just to wake me up so we could watch it together. xD At first I was :censored: but then when I'd woken up a little I realised it was cute xD

My lot don't seem bothered by thunder or fireworks. I kept being scared out my wits by fireworks around bonfire night and bunnies didnt care a jot.
Only thing is, rather than the noise, I think the flashes of light from fireworks if close may bother Daisy our REW a bit. I always cover their shed windows over that time of year so she has a darker place to sit in if she wants.

My guys don't take any notice at all. It was thundering a few weeks ago and I ran back to the rabbit room as the window was opened and I was scared they would be frightened and hear it more. And they really didnt take any notice.

Though my house is loud, dogs barking full time, people talking, loud music, t.v, hoover etc so they don't take much notice of loud noice.

im quite lucky as none of my animals are bothered by thunder or fireworks, my dog sleeps through it and bella & jasper dont seem to really notice it :roll:

Back