• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Blog

alannahbale

Young Bun
If you are wanting to find out any information about rabbits, check out my blog at:

[admin edit - link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
good start to a blog :) as mentioned above, there are a few things to work on though :)

when talking about myxy vaccs
Depending on how fatal the disease is in your area, you will either get it every 6 months or a yearly one.
they shouldn't only have a yearly vac, wherever in the country they are. much better and much safer to give the 6 monthly booster :)

A few weeks after the operation, they are able to share a hutch with another female or male bunny. At first they will try to be the dominant rabbit, but after a while this should go away. From what I have been told, a male and a female will get on best.
a bit about the correct way to bond 2 bunnies together would be great here. also mentioning about the fact that it takes 6 weeks for a male to become infertile after his op.

On either side of the anus there is a scent gland. Your bunnies scent goes onto the round waste as it passes. They will use these to mark their territory.
not sure if that part is true, but i do know they mark territory by using their chin to mark objects, maybe a mention of that :)

also, it might be useful if you got someone to have a read through and check the grammar and spelling :)

Oh yes, good thing Snowball picked up on there. When introducing 2 rabbits it should be on neutral terratory- there is lots of information on bonding rabbits on here.

Couple more things now I've had a good read through:

-You mention Myxi vaccinations but not VHD, maybe mention that too?

-When you talk about water bottles, you could say you can offer bowls as well, as some buns prefer this (mine refuse to touch a bottle now!)

-In the food bit, you mention hay is important, maybe quote the '80% of diet should be hay'. You could always ask on here for typical rabbit diets and use them as examples?

-A couple of times you mention pictures, but I can't see any...

-Maybe mention the accomodation requirements for a rabbit? This is something a lot of people don't know.

-In the exercise section, you say 'It is good to let your bunny be in their pen or in the garden for at least 1 hour'- I think it is recommended at least 4 now?

Hope you don't mind these comments! I'll let you know if I think of anything else... Looking good so far though :wave:

OK thanks I guess the more help the better!

I was going to take some pictures and add them in but I forgot...

Do you know how to add a signature for every time you post something it pops up?? I have only join this website today!

Last edited:
Back