• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

did the storms affect other housebuns?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
it freaked out visibly...the cats...merlin our lionhead cross...bluebell our free ranging frenchie doe......and her hubby bertie a bit.

The heavy rain on the porch roof made it seem 10 times worse.

merlin got so scared he ran onto nikkis settee and under her duvet with her....bluebell was on edge and a bit panicky. Bertie looked the calmest..but hed been spooked too.

this morning bertie was asleep and he usually poops in his sleep...but instead of heaps of poos..it was a long thick paste like cecal.....i linked it to that epiphen i changed back from and the storm....poor old boy.

bluebell didnt go upstairs for her morning snooze till almost 11am...then came down stairs bout 3 hrs later. she went in her tray...soft poo.....didnt eat it either.

where id given merlin fresh hay...hes done a squishy poo too.

the buns are all downstairs in the lounge now..nikkis fast asleep down there..ive got 2 cats up here..one is in the lounge asleep too. But all 3 cats and 3 buns are extra jumpy.

its so humid here...but i dont think well get a repeat of last night somehow.

anyone elses buns get spooked as bad?

Olly didn't even notice because he's quite deaf, bless him :love: but Honey was quite scared when the thunder rumbled :( I put the radio on in their room which helped a bit, but lucklily the thunder didn't last too long. The rain doesn't really bother her fortunately! Hope your buns have settled again now x

The only one scared of thunder in this house is me:oops:

Dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, kids o/h are all cool with it. Me on the other hand gets really scared, I have to take the kids outside and watch. They both know I am scared asI told them so. They all laugh at me too. Even the dog:lol:

Calming vibes to all of you:love:

Back