• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new run...

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
I opened it today to find this

:censored: Huge gauges and scratches on every panel, pieces splitting, very splintery and sharp (clearly never even been sanded at all, I know all runs are rough but I have a huge thorn in me at the moment!) all screws overtightened.

I bought it through eBay, I rang them and got no answer so I left a voicemail, also sent a message via eBay with these pics included.:censored: SO ANGRY

Seems a genuine enough looking seller, so hopefully they'll exchange it with no hassle.

Hopefully :/ but it's just a load of hassle I don't need at the moment. I mean, will I have to pay return postage? I'm at least going to have to stay in at some point for them to collect it etc. It just makes me angry that people wouldn't check their product before sending it out... The way it was packaged means it wasn't done in transport :(

I think they are bound to refund the full original payment, including the postage to you.
I know when something I sent got damaged in the post I had to refund the full amount paid to me.

However, even with faulty items, it's at the sellers discretion as to whether they refund the postage back to them - so they probably won't.

What I would consider doing is ask if you can have some sort of discount rather than returning the item. Depends whether you'd be happy to keep the run if you paid less for it.

100% pos feedback doesn't necessarily mean they've had no problems either. Iirc, when an item is refunded I don't think either party has the option to leave feedback.

I think they are bound to refund the full original payment, including the postage to you.
I know when something I sent got damaged in the post I had to refund the full amount paid to me.

However, even with faulty items, it's at the sellers discretion as to whether they refund the postage back to them - so they probably won't.

What I would consider doing is ask if you can have some sort of discount rather than returning the item. Depends whether you'd be happy to keep the run if you paid less for it.

100% pos feedback doesn't necessarily mean they've had no problems either. Iirc, when an item is refunded I don't think either party has the option to leave feedback.

It's weird, it depends if they admit there's something wrong with it I guess. I'll just wait and see what happens...

For me to be happy to use it I'd have to have at least £20, preferably more refund. I'd have to sand all of it and re-waterproof it... which is an enormous time sink at the moment when time is so precious :(

Back