• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of Pudding Le Hamster's cage

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
thought you guys would like to see some pictures of her cage, I dont think I've shown it off yet!

2011-05-07144506.jpg

2011-05-07144518.jpg

2011-05-07144531.jpg

2011-05-07144738.jpg

2011-05-07144749.jpg

2011-05-07144757.jpg

some photos of Pudding, well blurs she never sits still :lol:
2011-05-07144840.jpg

2011-05-07144856.jpg

The cage is a 3x2ft rabbit cage with some mesh over it :) shes got a bridge, a ledge, some cork bark (which is new!), toilet roll, and ice cream tub for a litter tray, a wheel, stones and log with holes in. I have lots of plans to make the cage even better :D

Very nice. So much space. What a lucky ham. Is she a Syrian? I can't quite tell from the pics.

Just a small suggestion. You may want to use a different substrate as woodshavings aren't great for small furries. I use Aubiose which is shredded hemp that I buy for £9 per 20kilo sack from a horse supply place :wave:

thankyou :D

Very nice. So much space. What a lucky ham. Is she a Syrian? I can't quite tell from the pics.

Just a small suggestion. You may want to use a different substrate as woodshavings aren't great for small furries. I use Aubiose which is shredded hemp that I buy for £9 per 20kilo sack from a horse supply place :wave:

She is a syrian yes :wave: We will be changing to a mixture of substrates (inspired by the german natural cages) next time, I had shavings but I also hate waste :roll: Im allergic to shavings aswell so I cant wait to change :D

thankyou :D

She is a syrian yes :wave: We will be changing to a mixture of substrates (inspired by the german natural cages) next time, I had shavings but I also hate waste :roll: Im allergic to shavings aswell so I cant wait to change :D

Another little point too (sorry if I sound like a big nag) but she will soon grow out if that wheel. It is generally recommended that Syrians have a wheel of at least 8 inches in diameter :wave:. That was the last nag, I promise. Apart from that I'm sure she absolutely loves the cage.

Another little point too (sorry if I sound like a big nag) but she will soon grow out if that wheel. It is generally recommended that Syrians have a wheel of at least 8 inches in diameter :wave:. That was the last nag, I promise. Apart from that I'm sure she absolutely loves the cage.

it is 8inches ;) although I feel she needs a bigger one, whats the next size up Ive only seen 6,8 and then chinchilla/rat size ones which are too big :? thankyou for your concern though :love:

Ah, I thought it was the 6 inch rolly because I thought perspective was doing odd things, sorry. I have an 11 inch one. This one http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/c...or-rodent-wheel-degu-hamster-28cm-p-4195.html . I think Teflons Shadow has it too.

she did have the 6inch but I got rid of it ages ago :wave: Can you take the front off of that wheel? I've just been looking at that one, I'd like to be able to use it without the cover because I dont think Pudding would use it :?

she did have the 6inch but I got rid of it ages ago :wave: Can you take the front off of that wheel? I've just been looking at that one, I'd like to be able to use it without the cover because I dont think Pudding would use it :?

I wouldn't take the front off as that would m ake it less sturdy. I've had 2 hams which have used it without any problems and they were both rescued as adults from really small cages with no enrichment at all.

hmm, she can be a fussy madam about going into things :? I may go for a silent spinner (the 12in) as those as open, but then it takes up more space hmmm!

hmm, she can be a fussy madam about going into things :? I may go for a silent spinner (the 12in) as those as open, but then it takes up more space hmmm!

I have one of those for my rats and absolutely love it. It's much sturdier than the other wheel available apart from wodent wheels nut they are enclosed too.

Will probably get one of those then :D it does mean she wont be able to store her food on it aswell :thumb: that noise makes me want to scream:lol:

Back