• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blinds in sheds??

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Can I get some special blinds that I can put in the windows of my shed to stop the sun shining through and heating it up? I am currently fitting a mesh door in but the windows are glass and are quite small, if he can making them into opening windows may be a job for my brother in law (a builder) in the meantime where could I get some blinds from that don't let the sunlight through to heat up the shed or something similar??

Personally I don't think blinds would make any difference.
The asphalt roof on a shed is a great conductor of heat, and being wooden the structure will hold the heat from the sun quite effectively.

Proper ventilation is the only way to effectively reduce the heat in a shed.

We have replaced the glass in our shed window with mesh to allow more air in and I have just bought some greenhouse shade netting to put over the window to provide a little shade from the glare of the sun but still allow the air to circulate :)

Back