• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay/litter tray question

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Right, this is my problem... Olly and Honey currently have an underbed storage box as a litter tray, which has newspaper on the bottom and lots of meadow hay on top. They use this fine :) BUT since getting my Ings hay, I've been putting this in a separate pile NEXT to the litter tray but just on the carpet in their room. They like eating the Ings hay there, and I really don't want to put it in the litter tray as it isn't cheap!! While eating their Ings they (understandably) poop at the same time, so there's always a big pile of poops on the carpet :oops: I don't mind that, but one or both of them has also started to wee sometimes too, which i really need to do something about. I've cleaned it with simple solution but they do it again. Last night I decided to try a hay rack, and although they have been using it, they obviously prefer eating off the floor as they eat more from the floor :? I have thought about using their old cage base, and having meadow hay at one end and Ings at the other, but that will be twice as much to clean out every day, and I'm sure Olly will wee on the Ings...

So, any suggestions would be very welcome!! :wave:

Hang a hay rack or half moon basket above their litter tray this way they can eat it but not poop in it. :)

Oh yeah thanks, :wave:I will try that, I did think of that but it's just that they prefer to eat from the floor...

I put it in the litter tray, but also have a box nest to the litter tray (old cat food box) so that's stuffed and they can pull the hay out, but they can't fit in the box to pee/wee on that stuff

Back