• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can a flemish giant rabbit bond with a small rabbit?

MichelleGsPets

Alpha Buck
I have wanted a flemish giant for ages, it was actually a dream of mine to own one. I now have the opportunity to get one and I was really, really considering it.

But yesterday I had to seperate my boys - Cooper from Marley and Dexter. So part of me is thinking if I am getting another rabbit to get a rabbit that will bond with Cooper rather than just one for me.

So can a flemish giant really bond with a litle rabbit? Cooper is a little boy, hes only 1.3kg. These rabbits mothers are 7-8kg. So there is a big difference. I am presuming that my best bet will be to get a female rather than a male? I know most of it is to do with personlaities but is there a chance that Cooper will get hurt?

And which ever rabbit I get I will have to wait till it is speyed/then bond.

One of my closest bonds was conti giant with mini lop so yes it's fine... lots of folk here have little/large bonds :wave:

A girl would be best, yes....

Yes,these are my contis with Baby my little wildy,they all live very happily together :love::love::love::love::love:

BILD0311.jpg

I think it helps that the bigger breeds tend to be less aggressive than the small ones.

Gorgeous pic! :wave:

So all of you think that I can go ahead with getting a flemish rather than leaving it and getting a bun Coopers size? Great.
I'm going to see them tomorrow and will get a female rather than a male so :)

Back